Infernax - homage to Zelda II, Simon’s Quest, etc.

GameDadGrant

Comes out 2/14/2022. Perfect for Valentine’s Day! It’s been getting some pretty great reviews, and personally I think it looks awesome. 

It’ll be available on pretty much all platforms, so you can get it wherever you prefer to game. And from what I have seen, it goes for a cool $20. 

Check it out! …if you want. :) 

The developers describe the content like this:

THIS GAME CONTAINS MATURE THEMES THAT MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE, RANGING FROM SAUCY LANGUAGE, ACTS OF VIOLENCE IN THE NAME OF JUSTICE, COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF GORE, AND HALF CLOTHED DEMON PEOPLE OF VARYING DEGREES OF ATTRACTIVENESS.

BY INSTALLING THIS GAME YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT YOU ARE COOL WITH THIS. COOL? COOL.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Hey, the game is out now! And - at least on the eShop - has a day one 10% discount! 

So this won’t even set you back $20. And it has been getting great reviews. I’ll be playing this later today. Impressions are incoming.

Yeah. I may end up getting it. 17.99 isn't too bad. Glad to hear about the reviews.

• Like 1

Alright, I've only played maybe 30 minutes of the game so far, but wow. This game REEKS of Castlevania II vibes. But in a good way! It's not as obtuse and the leveling up system is much easier to understand. There are side quests galore, and plenty incentive to grind for levels and gold. 

Controls are tight as should be expected. Graphics are that faux-8bit style that may or may not appeal to people depending on how burnt out you are on games like Shovel Knight and that ilk. The music is great so far. Again, really leaning into that old Konami-on-NES feel. I really like it, so far. 

So far, so good. Very happy with this cheap purchase! Recommended. More impressions as they come.

Wow the Simon's Quest vibes are strong with this one. I'd laugh so hard if I had to come back here later and kneel for 5 seconds to proceed to the final area of the game! 

FLnD5piUUAk7Lmb?format=jpg&name=medium

9 hours ago, stepee said:

kind of burying the lede that it’s on gamepass day1 lol

Oh is it? Nice! GamePass coming in clutch! Download it, Xbox owners! You won't regret it! Awesome game is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure not many are playing this, but I finished it last night. It's punishing. No saves or checkpoints inside dungeons. A lot of instant death platforming. You eventually get a couple of lives, which helps. And the boss battles aren't super hard once your character has a little meat to him.

Spoilers on the final dungeon:

Spoiler

Fuck! You have to go through and collect 3 keys, along with fighting every boss from every other dungeon. I had to have attempted this over a dozen times. The payoff was interesting. The final boss is a big dragon with googly eyes and huge nips.

It's finished. Almost went to 'casual mode' a few times, but did not. It was fun, but I don't plan to revisit it. Although, they do seem to have a lot of bonus content/characters.