The Wolf Among Us 2 - release delayed out of 2023 to avoid team crunch/burnout and accommodate switch to UE5

SimpleG

11 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I should really get around to playing the first game at some point :mthinking:

The first is really good. I mean, I hate these point and click QTE story games, but TWAU was the exception. It was everything I wanted from a setting and concept like that. That god awful show, Once Upon a Time, had came out a year or so prior and I couldn't believe how that idea was handled so goddamn shittily. I know they weren't exactly the same. Once was far more Disney, but fuck it tilted me. TWAU felt like sweet justice. 

• 1 year later...

Delayed out of 2023 and the engine is switching to UE5

door2-1-1677629845839.png?width=1280
WWW.IGN.COM

Today, Telltale Games has announced that its long-awaited sequel to The Wolf Among Us is being pushed out of 2023 in an effort to avoid crunch and team burnout, as well as accommodate a move from Unreal Engine 4 to 5.

Today, Telltale Games has announced that its long-awaited sequel to The Wolf Among Us is being pushed out of 2023 in an effort to avoid crunch and team burnout, as well as accommodate a move from Unreal Engine 4 to 5.

Speaking to IGN, Telltale Games CEO Jamie Ottilie explained that the team made the choice for a number of reasons, but primarily to avoid burnout or shipping an unfinished game.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Wolf Among Us 2 - release delayed out of 2023 to avoid team crunch/burnout and accommodate switch to UE5