Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock (AppleTV, all 13 episodes now up)

Interesting... I mean, I also loved Fraggle Rock back in the day and this does look good... but I wonder if modern kids will be as in to this.

It's interesting that I guess this is a reboot or whatever but they seem to have kept everything exactly the same. Same characters, same exact look, same voices for the characters, etc...

Not trying to be a sour fuddy duddy, but it just feels like no one is going to care.

I already have the old show on DVD, my kids liked it well enough when they were younger, but it was never something that really moved the needle for them. I guess my question is, if you're a 6 year old right now, how is this any better than just watching the old series? It's in HD?

I think it’ll do ok. Good portion of the subscribers are iPhone owners and parents handing over said phone to entertain them while you shop. I think it will hit a nostalgia market and said market to their kids. My older sister and I grew up on the series and she now has 2 girls of her own. They are both 9 and almost 7, and both enjoyed the original series. Also proud to say that they are fans of Animaniacs too.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the first episode with my mom, and it was like being a kid again. They made this a very very soft reboot of the original series, but with almost everything being the same. Not seeing the puppeteer rods is odd but nice to see, and the colours are just glorious with Dolby Vision enabled on her LG C1 OLED. Can’t wait to get real high for a few more episodes tonight and make the colours really pop

• silentbob changed the title to Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock (AppleTV, all 13 episodes now up)

Am I the only one watching this? So far I’ve done 3 episodes and really enjoying the nostalgia of my youth. . . .and I want a fucking life size version of Sprocket for myself. The third should be shown to all diehard republicans and see how many come out pissed off and how many won’t get the message of the episode. Probably done of purpose but still in a very kid friendly way to say “if your parents are going nuts, follow your own path instead” Anyways they’re doing a fucking fantastic job with the revival and didn’t skimp on the sets either