‘Party Down’ Revival Gets Starz Greenlight With Six Of Original Series’ Seven Stars Returning

Brian

• 1 year later...

So the first episode (of six) just dropped this past Friday and it was great! The show felt like it picked up (in terms of tone and comedy) right where it left off, but taking into account 13 years have passed. It was great to see everyone (except Caplan, who they have used well for plot purposes this season since they couldn't get her) interact again and John Enbom and the writers haven't lost the voice and spirit of the 2009/2010 show. 

Of all the shows I've watched that have been unceremoniously cancelled from Terriers to Party Down to Hannibal, Party Down was the absolute last show I ever thought I'd see brought back but I'm so glad it is. My wife and I look forward to next week's episode. Any old (or new) fans of the show watching season 3? @Brian @Mr.Vic20 @69los

• Halal 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Brian said:

It has been a really good season far. Each episode has been better than the last. They did a great job casting the new characters. 

Agreed - my wife and I have been really enjoying it. The only issue I've had is that Megan Mullaly and Jane Lynch were both not in episodes 3 or 4. Given where their characters are at this point in the show, it makes some sense, but if you can find ways to insert Jennifer Garner's character in, then it's doable.

13 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Agreed - my wife and I have been really enjoying it. The only issue I've had is that Megan Mullaly and Jane Lynch were both not in episodes 3 or 4. Given where their characters are at this point in the show, it makes some sense, but if you can find ways to insert Jennifer Garner's character in, then it's doable.

We did get Megan’s husband in episode 3. I don’t mind their exclusion currently. It has allowed the newer characters time to grow. I do expect Constance to file for bankruptcy and Lydia get “fired” by her daughter which will result them rejoining Party Down. 

• True 1

8 minutes ago, Brian said:

Whole crew for episode 5 and it is best episode this season. 

I dug episode 5 as well, and the two new characters (Sackson and the chef) have been great contributors. And we got a shared scene between Lynch and Mullaly. Good stuff - honestly I hope we get another season even though I'm sure this was intended as a limited series revival.

2 hours ago, Brian said:

Season 3 is fantastic. Great ending. Pretty clear they want to do a season 4. Let’s hope it happens. 

Agreed - that ending is totally there to make them make a season 4, it was a great stinger. The guy responsible for Veronica Mars wrote this episode and he knows how to get renewed, clearly.

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Agreed - that ending is totally there to make them make a season 4, it was a great stinger. The guy responsible for Veronica Mars wrote this episode and he knows how to get renewed, clearly.

I am hopeful. With the ending credit scene, I think they get one more season.  Who doesn’t want to see what got teased?!  

Someone has to be a fan of the show at Starz to resurrect it. It has been well received by critics and fans. It can’t be that expensive of a show to produce. The cast and crew want more. I think it will happen. I am ok with 6 episodes too. I think it was a good length for the show. 

• Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Brian said:

I am hopeful. With the ending credit scene, I think they get one more season.  Who doesn’t want to see what got teased?!  

Someone has to be a fan of the show at Starz to resurrect it. It has been well received by critics and fans. It can’t be that expensive of a show to produce. The cast and crew want more. I think it will happen. I am ok with 6 episodes too. I think it was a good length for the show. 

Yeah I agree - the fact we got a revival at all is super surprising, and the fact everyone came back despite some being very famous names means the cast and crew like making the show. I also heard it's been doing well with critics and audiences, let's get another season Starz c'mon! I'd prefer 8 episodes myself so characters like Sackson and the chef could get more time (same with Mullaly and Lynch) but I'll take whatever I can get. A movie, 6 episodes, whatever. :p 

• Like 1