Trailer for The Beatles: Get Back, new docuseries by Peter Jackson

Kamusha

2 hours ago, Komusha said:

Remind me what Ringo says. I watched parts 2 and 3 in one day, so parts of it are a blur to me.

Unfortunately making the rooftop concert as the climax means they have to end the film pretty much right after. So having the extra recordings during the credits was nice but I agree that more would have been nice to see. There just wasn't a way to put it all in without destroying the structure of the show. It would make for a nice special feature, though.

Spoiler

I’ve farted. Just thought you should know. I was going to sit here and stare at you.

• Haha 1

On 12/4/2021 at 4:23 PM, SaysWho? said:

Reveal hidden contents

I totally forgot about that part! :lol:

I loved seeing them make cracking the sort of jokes you'd expect someone in their mid 20's to make. John switching up the lyrics of I've Got a Feeling to be about hard-ons got a chuckle out of me.

44 minutes ago, ort said:

I watched about an hour of this, and while I'm glad it exists, this is not for me.

I would probably watch 2 hours of this cut into a movie, but 7 hours hours of this is more than I want to watch.

Lucky for you, Let It Be will release next year :p 

I've thought about this a lot since finishing it.

I'm continuously impressed that Peter Jackson told an easy-to-follow story with 50-year-old footage that had no script and nearly had no climax in the rooftop concert. Seeing George turn his amp back on, seeing Paul get excited about the cops coming

Seeing Maureen dancing in her seat over the concert, which you never really saw at all prior to this. And the feel is so different not because Jackson tried to whitewash it -- he played it straight -- but because the 'Let It Be' movie never showed much of the fun stuff. Maybe at that time, showing them goofing off seemed weird and taboo. And I mean REALLY goofing off like that Ringo line I mentioned earlier in the thread.

I'm also impressed at how much that tall copper in the above video looks like that guy from Veep.

6062_09ccf3183d9e90e5ae1f425d5f9b2c00.jp

Like, shit, it's seriously a marvel. Yeah, that last thing about Veep isn't the marvelous thing, but tell me that fucker doesn't look like him.

• Haha 1

Binged the whole thing over the last few days, loved it. Made me pick up my guitar at one the morning last night and go play some old Beatles songs.

For Beatles fans, this was an amazing experience to sit in with these four guys and be with them at the end and watch their process and interactions.

Can totally see how some would be bored by hearing 'Get Back's for the 20th time, but I thought it was riveting. 

• Like 1
  • True 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:
beatles-2021-billboard-1548-1635173728.j
WWW.BILLBOARD.COM

The audio of that iconic 1969 rooftop concert dropped at the stroke of midnight.

I just saw a commercial tonight for the rooftop concert for a limited IMAX run. I’ve only watched part 1 but hope to find the time for 2&3 soon. Just finding that 3hr of free time for part 2

8 hours ago, silentbob said:

I just saw a commercial tonight for the rooftop concert for a limited IMAX run. I’ve only watched part 1 but hope to find the time for 2&3 soon. Just finding that 3hr of free time for part 2

It’s relatively easy to watch 40 minutes here, 90 there, 50 here if that helps.