Finally have time to play Modern Warfare campaign

5timechamp

… So I do the overnight install, a product of the times we game in. I start up the game next day and thought it was the wrong game cause its all Warzone

-the game insist im missing add-ons so I cant access crap… so I find content reinstall and finally get in.

- I get to a Modern Warfare menu and get greeted by a list of other mandatory add-ons necessary to access the campaign..

I await its download… This had better be a hell of a campaign lol

22 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

That's games today, it's terrible and why I no longer play games. I'm busy, if I only have an hour and I get greeted with this shit I would rather just grab a beer and sit quietly on the balcony enjoying the breeze. 

I think it’s just the convoluted mess that COD is due to the success of Warzone.

Everything I’ve played in the last few years has been fine, the only exception being The Last of Us: Part 2 because of the install disc.

2 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

I think it’s just the convoluted mess that COD is due to the success of Warzone.

Everything I’ve played in the last few years has been fine, the only exception being The Last of Us: Part 2 because of the install disc.

Yea it’s a non issue for the majority of games. 

Most everything thing auto downloads in the background.

On 8/19/2021 at 7:41 AM, 5timechamp said:

… So I do the overnight install, a product of the times we game in. I start up the game next day and thought it was the wrong game cause its all Warzone

-the game insist im missing add-ons so I cant access crap… so I find content reinstall and finally get in.

- I get to a Modern Warfare menu and get greeted by a list of other mandatory add-ons necessary to access the campaign..

I await its download… This had better be a hell of a campaign lol

I lived the OG Call of Duty days. I loved playing the original COD plus its expansion (remember those?) United Offensive. Even COD2, and COD4 were all quite good, and I played a fair bit of Online on all of those, including COD: Ghosts when my buddies and I would play it on Wii U (IR Aiming, baby!). But now, COD is mostly shit imo.

The last COD I played was the first two levels of WWII when it was part of the PS+ Free game month. It was utter shit, and uninstalled it promptly. I don't plan on going back to COD again really. I joke with some of my old COD buddies if COD will ever come to Switch. I'm now at a point where I'll say, "Fuck COD. Let's go play some Monster Hunter." /rant

But good luck to you, sir. Those add-on things sound like a PITA. Since this game was all downloaded, why didn't the game just install everything that was required to play the main campaign to begin with? :hmm:

So after 3 days it finally got to a point where campaign could be played..

overall it was worth the hassle.. its a very good campaign.. the graphics legitimately add to the levels ( the darkness in the Benghazi-style mission)… the room clearing missions have that tension and ambience that majority of shooters lack…

seeing the great night vision effect here I can see what Ghost Recon Breakpoint was aiming for with their night vision filter (theirs fails miserably)..

now im going to research and see if Spec Ops mission is worth a go