Tampa Bay Times investigation reveals that Ron DeSantis and Fox News have become a single entity.

4 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Didn’t DeSantis sign a bill recently and only allow Fox News to cover it live? I thought that was a pretty obvious red flag. 

He did in May. The article also talks about another instance back in February:

In February, Beatrice gave conservative media organizations — including Fox News, Newsmax, the New York Post, the National Review, Breitbart, The Daily Wire and The Blaze — advance notice that DeSantis was about to unveil a plan to go after tech companies for deplatforming certain people. Other outlets were left in the dark for hours.

“Feel free to carry this announcement live on your feeds,” Beatrice wrote. It was one of several times Beatrice sent advance word to conservative outlets and not the Florida press corps.

1 minute ago, Komusha said:

Everything decision he makes as governor has more to do with what will play well on Fox rather than what will is best for Floridians.

Rick Scott before him did the same thing. It’s not just a GOP Governor thing either. Cuomo in NY and what’s-his-face in CA are addicted to the spotlight and love being all over CNN and MSNBC. Cuomo would overturn some Covid response decision Deblasio would make just so he could announce it himself on tv a few days later and look like the guy in charge. 

17 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Rick Scott before him did the same thing. It’s not just a GOP Governor thing either. Cuomo in NY and what’s-his-face in CA are addicted to the spotlight and love being all over CNN and MSNBC. Cuomo would overturn some Covid response decision Deblasio would make just so he could announce it himself on tv a few days later and look like the guy in charge. 

I mean yeah I’m a Floridian so I’m well aware of how shitty our last governor was, but it’s somehow more blatant and Trumpified under DeSantis.