Jump to content

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - update: "PC optimised settings and graphics comparison vs PS5" (Digital Foundry)


SaysWho?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

 

Ok. I think stepee liked it more than you but I'll probably pass. Thanks 

He did. I think a lot of enjoyment from IP games is derived from being in the world you love as a fan. The world is beautiful but I have no attachment to this property.  I found it tedious to play. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Brian said:

He did. I think a lot of enjoyment from IP games is derived from being in the world you love as a fan. The world is beautiful but I have no attachment to this property.  I found it tedious to play. 

 

I enjoy Far Cry and appreciate Avatars world. But maybe I'll see what stepee has to say. Lol, he is usually accurate in what I like. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

@stepee @Brian Can this be played on the deck?

 

Why SHOULDN'T I buy this?

 

There’s like a handful of games that aren’t playable on deck from personally testing hundreds of games on it and this is one of those. Hell, it wasn’t even playable on the Ally!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, stepee said:

 

There’s like a handful of games that aren’t playable on deck from personally testing hundreds of games on it and this is one of those. Hell, it wasn’t even playable on the Ally!

 

Yea I'm not buying this. Thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Anyone know the typical length of AMD exclusivity deals for features?  I assume it is 6 months?

 

Not answering your question but I just bought this. I'll post impressions tomorrow. 

  • Hype 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Anyone know the typical length of AMD exclusivity deals for features?  I assume it is 6 months?

 

idk it’s hard to say since AMD denies they even have them :P

 

They seem completely random. Probably worth the $5 to get dlss3 for this one imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, so there is an option for visual fidelity at 40fps "balanced" on PS5.

 

I'm almost 2 hours in and the production values are impressive. Pandora looks beautiful in a Ubisoft type way. 

 

I only was in one combat scenario but it was fine. The character movement is excellent which is very important. So far there isn't much of a story but I'm sure that will change. I can't say much more than that for now. So far so good. 

  • Halal 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Played 4 hours today and it reads I'm 18% through the campaign. Pandora is one of the most visually striking open worlds I've ever seen. It's spectacular with amazing foliage.

 

The combat is perfectly fine, it has great voice work, and so far the story is moving along well enough to keep me invested.

 

This might actually be better than what I was anticipating but we shall see if it stays this strong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@stepee @Brian

 

I've watched a bunch of reviews on this and every single one of them had major complaints about fetching for gear to get stronger. 

 

Are there moments that bog down the experience with searching for stuff to advance the story? 4 hours in and I haven't experienced this issue yet.

 

I'm playing on the easiest difficulty and ran through the minimal enemies I have encountered. 

 

So far I'm really happy with how things are playing out but maybe I'm going to hit a wall soon?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah it takes a bit longer. I forgot the name of the mission but it’s a base attack mission coming up a little later where the game skill checks you and then doesn’t let you advance too much without matching levels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah it takes a bit longer. I forgot the name of the mission but it’s a base attack mission coming up a little later where the game skill checks you and then doesn’t let you advance too much without matching levels.

 

Alright. I hope it doesn't frustrated me to the point of dropping the game. Because so far this is awesome. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, after 6 hours with this I can confidentiality say this is the most impressive gaming world I've ever played in. It's simply stunning. The actual game itself has been very solid too so right now I'm happy with it. I hope I don't run into anything too annoying that makes me drop it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Ok, after 6 hours with this I can confidentiality say this is the most impressive gaming world I've ever played in. It's simply stunning. The actual game itself has been very solid too so right now I'm happy with it. I hope I don't run into anything too annoying that makes me drop it. 

Wow that’s saying a lot coming from you. You have some pretty high standards. I’ve just never been interested in Avatar at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Wow that’s saying a lot coming from you. You have some pretty high standards. I’ve just never been interested in Avatar at all. 

 

I honestly don't really like Avatar at all. I only saw the first one in theaters back in 2009 and thought it was ok.

 

Yea, these are top 3 visuals I've ever seen. The world is fucking gigantic with so much foliage and incredible detail. The game is moving pretty slowly but I don't mind because traversing in this world is absolutely incredible. I wish there was a demo so you could see for yourself. 

  • Hype 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, best3444 said:

 

I honestly don't really like Avatar at all. I only saw the first one in theaters back in 2009 and thought it was ok.

 

Yea, these are top 3 visuals I've ever seen. The world is fucking gigantic with so much foliage and incredible detail. The game is moving pretty slowly but I don't mind because traversing in this world is absolutely incredible. I wish there was a demo so you could see for yourself. 

You could just buy it for me

 

Spoiler

No I don’t want it lol. 

 

  • Sicko 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Biggie said:

You could just buy it for me

 

  Hide contents

No I don’t want it lol. 

 

 

If you enjoyed Far Cry games then this is an easy buy. But I know you despise that genre. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got my flying mount. So far nothing has deterred me from progressing. I had to be stealthy in one overwhelming section but it was really fun. You can die easily even on the easiest difficulty.

 

So far this is like an 8.5 type game. Very happy with it. I still find myself just looking at the world they built. It’s beyond beautiful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This game is legit good. I haven't stopped playing it since I bought it putting in at least 2 hours a day on it. It can be difficult but I have been using stealth that actually works really well in this game. 

 

I was individually comparing this to a game like Starfield and it's better than that in every way. The world is absolutely gigantic and beautiful with no loading. Bethesda needs to take notes. 

 

@Biggie

  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sometimes traversing in this game can be challenging. Largely because of enormous mountains that block a path to the checkpoint. Currently I'm stuck below a few massive waterfalls blocking where I need to go. Apparently there is a cave I'm not seeing but it can be a bit frustrating. 😑 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...