NIN Releases New Track With Health

7 hours ago, Jason said:

But is the game any good? 

The actual gameplay is absolutely fantastic and it truly puzzles me as to why it hasn't been modified and adapted for Rockstar's other third-person action games (GTA/RDR) as to describe that the gameplay in those titles as "mediocre" is being very generous.  It's easily one of the best-playing third-person shooters ever made.

However, that great gameplay is buried under a mountain of Rockstar over-production like unskippable cutscenes for such mundane actions as opening a door (I'm convinced their purpose is to mask loading screens) that it really does make the game an absolute chore to play.

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The actual gameplay is absolutely fantastic and it truly puzzles me as to why it hasn't been modified and adapted for Rockstar's other third-person action games (GTA/RDR) as to describe that the gameplay in those titles as "mediocre" is being very generous.  It's easily one of the best-playing third-person shooters ever made.

However, that great gameplay is buried under a mountain of Rockstar over-production like unskippable cutscenes for such mundane actions as opening a door (I'm convinced their purpose is to mask loading screens) that it really does make the game an absolute chore to play.

I meant specifically is it good as a Max Payne game? I remember all the talk about people being dubious about Fat Max in Brazil instead of NYC but I don't remember hearing about whether it actually felt like a Max Payne game after it came out.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I meant specifically is it good as a Max Payne game? I remember all the talk about people being dubious about Fat Max in Brazil instead of NYC but I don't remember hearing about whether it actually felt like a Max Payne game after it came out.

Apart from the combat, it doesn't feel like a Max Payne game.