Total War: Warhammer III - Information Thread, update: "Immortal Empires" teaser trailer

Zaku3

2 hours ago, UnderNewOwnership said:

Still wouldn't get it on GamePass. The biggest draw of TW games is modding, and GamePass isn't exactly the best platform for that.

Total War games use that weird launcher-thing now. Probably will use it to link with the previous games if you have them installed via steam for the expanded world map and previous factions. Might let you add mods too, maybe? 

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Total War games use that weird launcher-thing now. Probably will use it to link with the previous games if you have them installed via steam for the expanded world map and previous factions. Might let you add mods too, maybe? 

I haven't tried it but if games have mod support there's a selection in the Xbox app that says "allow mods"

12 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Since Orges are the preorder race then I expect Chaos Dwarfs as the 1st DLC. Not sure what they can add at that point. Guess it depends on what GW is up to. I can't imagine Old World nor getting a Cathay release.

They should put all of Rome Total War 2 in as a DLC

14 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Yeah, about that...

CAN I PURCHASE DLC FOR TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER GAMES I OWN ON ONE STORE ON ANOTHER (AND VICE VERSA)?

Currently it’s not possible to track the different Total War: WARHAMMER content you own across different storefronts. So, for example, if you buy Total War: WARHAMMER on the Epic Games Store, you will also need to buy the DLC on the Epic Games Store in order to use it.

The same applies for claiming the free combined map DLC – you would need to own both Total War: WARHAMMER and Total War: WARHAMMER II on the same store in order to claim it.

Ogre-Campaign-mechanics_1920x1080.jpg
WWW.TOTALWAR.COM

The world’s biggest eaters, rowdiest Blood Bowl fans, and largest overall nuisances have arrived in Total War: WARHAMMER III. After many months of speculation, your Early Adopter bonus for the game is the Ogre Kingdoms, filling out the central area of the map with the many tribes of maneaters, ironguts, bulls, and many more. They’re […]

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Total War: Warhammer III (17 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Enter the World of the Ogres" trailer and "Ogre Kingdoms Campaign Mechanics" blog post
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Total War: Warhammer III (17 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Oracles of Tzeentch vs Grand Cathay Battle Gameplay" trailer
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Total War: Warhammer III (17 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Stonehorn Unit Spotlight" trailer
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Total War: Warhammer III (17 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Firebellies Unit Spotlight" and "New Battle Features" videos
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Total War: Warhammer III (17 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: "A Covenant with Chaos" cinematic trailer
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Total War: Warhammer III (17 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Enter the World of Nurgle" and "Nurgle vs Slaanesh Gameplay Battle" trailers

Warhammer_3_Nurgles_1920x1080_Blog_Heade
WWW.TOTALWAR.COM

Double bubble, toil and trouble, what marvelous creations will be pulled from the Plague Cauldron today? Ah, it’s the Nurgle campaign mechanics – a delicious surprise for all, be they followers of Nurgle or his soon-to-be-infected enemies. As the premiere spreaders of joy, happiness, and disease in the Warhammer world, the laughing, bountiful forces of Nurgle are all about covering the campaign map in their sickness.  […]

MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg
WWW.TOTALWAR.COM

The inexorable spread of Nurgle’s forces across the world is assisted by His many plagues and diseases. However, like any other major Chaos power, there is also a swarm of daemons at His behest, skittering and marching across the battlefield. The coming of Nurgle is accompanied by the laughter and joy of smiling daemons, a […]

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Total War: Warhammer III (17 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Nurglings Unit Spotlight" trailer and Nurgle "Campaign Mechanics" and "Roster Reveal" blog posts
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Total War: Warhammer III (17 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Enter the World of Slaanesh" trailer
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Total War: Warhammer III (17 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: "First Look Campaign Map" trailer
  • 4 weeks later...

Slaanesh-roster-reveal-Blog_Post_Image_1
WWW.TOTALWAR.COM

As we come to the end of our roster reveals, you know the story by now – this blog will cover the daemonic ranks of Slaanesh that will be at your behest, alongside some of the sadistic abilities that will help enrapture the souls of all who stand before you. Here’s a little reminder of […]

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Total War: Warhammer III (17 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: new videos and "Slaanesh Roster Reveal" Total War Blog post

This is why, even with only 50 turns to play through, it felt like I was much deeper into the campaign than I really was. I had multiple big armies featuring expensive units, and I already had a powerful infrastructure ready to recruit whole new armies at the drop of a hat. Money might not solve everything, but having lots of it does mean you don't have to fret so much. 

It's the most fun I've had with Total War's early game. Hell, it's the most fun I've had looking at Total War's menus. I spent a significant amount of time pondering what tails to stick on Frankenstein's daemon. Right out the gate, you're confronted with all sorts of unusual systems and spectacles, building your very own monster and watching armies getting crushed by a lightning-spewing dragon. And just when you're getting a handle on things—boom!—time for a trip into the Realm of Chaos. Appropriately for Warhammer—a series obsessed with large numbers and large fights—it starts big, and then it keeps escalating. 

warhammer3_cuuym81.jpg
WWW.ROCKPAPERSHOTGUN.COM

We've played eight hours of Total War: Warhammer 3's Realms of Chaos campaign and have come away impressed. The Creative Assembly have done it again.

There’s also a ton of promising changes for those who’ve played the previous Total Warhammer games too, including a reworked diplomacy system that allows factions to trade settlements and build outposts in one another’s cities. Sieges seem like they’ve been improved too, with new capture points that knock out nearby towers rather than having players pick them off one by one.

And sure, just like Nate (RPS in peace) mentioned in his earlier preview, Warhammer 3’s Survival Mode battles are Total War at perhaps its most arcadey. But they’re also great and a superb change of pace to mark the various milestones you’ll hit across a campaign.

Having played more than my fill of the previous two games, thanks to a near constant drip feed of new stuff to totally war, I can't believe how excited I am by this next iteration. The Creative Assembly have only gone and done it again.

total-war-warhammer-3-grand-cathay-campa
WWW.THESIXTHAXIS.COM

Hands on with the Imperial China-inspired Grand Cathay faction in Total War Warhammer 3. How does the opening of the campaign play?

While their perspective on the game’s driving narrative is different, the end result is ultimately the same. A dying god is being held in captivity and you’ll need to take advantage of it, in Grand Cathay’s case to restore balance and harmony to the world. Each roar from the god rips open portals to the Chaos realms that are siloed off toward the top of the world, giving all the races the chance to dive in and fight to defeat one of the champions in the pitched Stronghold battles that were revealed last year. You’ll need to be quick, because everyone will be racing to strike first and snatch the progress through the overarching campaign’s goal.

Grand Cathay’s an interesting faction, though it feels like it’s literally just Imperial Chinese history, mythology and stereotypes that have been hastily name-swapped to be legally distinct. Having recently worked on Total War: Three Kingdoms will have helped Creative Assembly. In fairness, such influences are the grounding of a lot of fantasy tropes that we see throughout pop culture, but here it’s a little on the nose at times. Even so, there’s an interesting blend of gameplay and another layer of mythology added to the Warhammer Fantasy world.

TotalWarWarhammer3-DaemonHero500.jpg
WWW.THESIXTHAXIS.COM

We go hands on with the Daemons of Chaos, the eighth and final faction coming to Total War Warhammer 3 at launch.

Just as your armies can draw from all factions of Chaos, so too can your Daemon Prince, in a sweeping create-a-daemon customisation mode. He might have been human once, but these days the Godslayer comes with horns, wings, a tail and a little loin cloth to protect his daemonic modesty. As you win battles, capture settlements and more, you’ll earn Daemonic Glory, both for Chaos as a whole and that you can dedicate to a particular Chaos God. This in turn pushes you down a character progression tree that unlocks new body parts that you can swap in and out at will, enhancing your hero with stat buffs, new abilities and more.

There’s over 500 billion body part combinations, though obviously you’ll lean toward the parts that will further your particular play style and have the better stats. Eventually, you’ll level up enough that you can devote yourself to a particular Chaos god and unlock their very best parts. It’s a compelling twist on the character growth, and I’m sure it’s one that will be rather popular.

Meanwhile, the main campaign plays out the same as it does for all the other races in the game. As a god dies in captivity, each race seeks to turn the situation to their advantage, whether that’s freeing the god or dealing the killing blow in order to steal its power for themselves. Each roar of desperation rips open portals to the Chaos realms that are siloed off toward the top of the world, giving all the races the chance to dive in and fight to defeat one of the champions in the pitched Stronghold battles that were revealed last year. You’ll need to be quick, because everyone will be racing to strike first and snatch the progress through the overarching campaign’s goal.

With just under a month to go before release, Daemons of Chaos might just be the perfect faction to play as for fence sitters and fans of Arthas’ heel turn in Warcraft 3. Now, do I want a tail that’s spiked? Or one that will bite my enemies with teeth?

total-war-warhammer-3-campaign-cathay-1.
WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

We explore Tzeentch's realm, hop through portals, and play Concentration in Warhammer 3

As my time with the build elapses and I have time to digest it all, I’m also struck by the absurdity of Warhammer III. I mean, playing Concentration with teleportation portals, chased by an incarnate fart in a floating throne? Who would’ve thought that Total War would ever take us here? It’s amazing fun so far, in case that wasn’t clear, but 50 turns is only a sliver of the full game. Total War: Warhammer 3 is out on February 17th, by which time we’ll have our final review ready for you.

total-war-warhammer-3-daemon-prince-1.jp
WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

The Daemon Prince leads is a Chaos free agent in Total War: Warhammer 3

The Total War: Warhammer III release date is less than a month away now, and Creative Assembly has revealed the ninth legendary lord you’ll be able to pick in the strategy game’s campaign. It’s the Daemon Prince, the leader of a surprise eighth launch faction, the Daemons of Chaos. With no set affiliation to any specific Chaos god, the Daemon Prince can take powers and equipment from all four, and is as a result the most customisable lord Total War has ever seen.

The Daemons of Chaos, like their tabletop namesake, represent ‘Chaos Undivided’ – an army that has access to units from all four Chaos gods’ rosters. That on its own is enough to guarantee some interesting buildcrafting with the Daemons of Chaos, but as it turns out, it’s their leader who provides the broadest canvas for player creativity.

total-war-warhammer-3-belakor-1.jpg
WWW.PCGAMESN.COM

"He can do stuff that will affect everyone, and everyone's going to try and stop him"

Creative Assembly has revealed that the big bad of Total War: Warhammer III is none other than the daemon prince Be’lakor. What’s more, he’s being voiced by Richard Armitage, whose gravelly tones you might recognise as belonging to the actor behind Thorin Oakenshield in The Hobbit trilogy.

“We wanted him as a villain because that’s his role in Warhammer,” Creative Assembly principal writer Andy Hall says. “Whether it’s from Mordheim or even The End Times, he plays this role as a villain, and why he’s so ideal for that role is that the Chaos Gods hate him, and the goodies certainly aren’t friends with him either. He can do stuff that will affect everyone, and everyone’s going to try and stop him.”

Total-War-Warhammer-3-Daemon-Prince-Legi
WWW.PCINVASION.COM

The last legendary lord to join Total War: Warhammer III's roster is the Daemon Prince who leads the Legion of Chaos. Here's our preview.

A lot of players, myself included, have been wondering about Creative Assembly’s plans for Total War: Warhammer III. Over on the game’s subreddit, I’d guess which legendary lords would lead each faction’s armies. Naturally, there was talk of a possible Chaos Undivided faction. I, for one, thought that there’s a good chance that Be’lakor would be playable. Still, Creative Assembly managed to surprise me. Indeed, the last legendary lord to enter the fray in Total War: Warhammer III is the Daemon Prince, the commander of the Legion of Chaos.

Total-War-Warhammer-III-interview-creati
WWW.PCINVASION.COM

We conducted an interview with Jim Whitson and Mark Sinclair of Creative Assembly to discuss the development of Total War: Warhammer III.

Total War: Warhammer III allows you to defend the world against the encroaching daemon tide. Alternatively, you can burn everything to the ground as Chaos. There’s a lot in store, and an even bigger vision for Creative Assembly considering that this is the culmination of the trilogy. As such, I interviewed Jim Whitson (Lead Battle Designer) and Mark Sinclair (Lead Campaign Designer) regarding the development and future plans for Total War: Warhammer III‘s development.

Total-War-Warhammer-3-Grand-Cathay-Miao-
WWW.PCINVASION.COM

Here's our Total War: Warhammer III preview that looks at Grand Cathay's mechanics and the capabilities of Miao Ying, the Storm Dragon.

Both Kislev and Grand Cathay were huge surprises when Total War: Warhammer III was revealed last year. Neither nation has had an official army book and their rosters were never fully fleshed out. In Kislev’s case, there was, at the very least, some lore owing to the nation’s proximity to the Empire. Grand Cathay, however, was more of a mystery due to its location in the far east. That was then. Soon, Total War: Warhammer III players will be able to choose Grand Cathay led by Miao Ying and Zhao Ming, its two legendary lords.

Total-War-Warhammer-3-Chaos-Realms-Survi
WWW.PCINVASION.COM

Here's our Total War: Warhammer III preview which takes a look at a campaign involving Be'lakor, Chaos Realm mechanics, and Survival Battles.

Total War: Warhammer III‘s Survival Battles in Khorne’s Realm were revealed back in May 2021. Since then, there has been a lot of speculation as to how this feature would work or how armies could actually make it out unscathed. Recently, however, I was able to join a preview event that showcased a lot of what’s in store. This time, we’ll talk about the campaign structure, Realms of Chaos objectives, Survival Battles, and Be’lakor’s involvement in Total War: Warhammer III.

Total-War-Warhammer-3-Daemon-Prince-Legi
WWW.PCINVASION.COM

The last legendary lord to join Total War: Warhammer III's roster is the Daemon Prince who leads the Legion of Chaos. Here's our preview.

A lot of players, myself included, have been wondering about Creative Assembly’s plans for Total War: Warhammer III. Over on the game’s subreddit, I’d guess which legendary lords would lead each faction’s armies. Naturally, there was talk of a possible Chaos Undivided faction. I, for one, thought that there’s a good chance that Be’lakor would be playable. Still, Creative Assembly managed to surprise me. Indeed, the last legendary lord to enter the fray in Total War: Warhammer III is the Daemon Prince, the commander of the Legion of Chaos.

Total War Warhammer 3's campaign is glorious chaos (Eurogamer)

Barely an hour into a good six-hour preview of Total War: Warhammer 3's campaign, and I have been royally gazumped. I'm playing as Grand Cathay, one of the eight new factions playable in the game - and yes, there are eight; Creative Assembly announced a final surprise faction, Chaos Daemons, during our previous session, which look like frightfully silly fun themselves.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Total War: Warhammer III (17 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Chaos Undivided" trailer and "Daemons of Chaos" campaign previews
On 11/4/2021 at 8:57 PM, Zaku3 said:

Since Orges are the preorder race then I expect Chaos Dwarfs as the 1st DLC. Not sure what they can add at that point. Guess it depends on what GW is up to. I can't imagine Old World nor getting a Cathay release.

I think they confirmed Daemons, Cathay, and Brettonia as the first factions for Old World last year.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Total War: Warhammer III (17 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: Daemon Prince Customization/Kislev Let's Play/Soul Grinders Spotlight videos posted
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Total War: Warhammer III (17 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: "Let's Play - Daemon Prince of Chaos Undivided" video
  • 2 weeks later...

Game Information

Game Title: Total War: Warhammer III

Platforms:

• PC (Feb 17, 2022)

Developer: CREATIVE ASSEMBLY
Publisher: SEGA

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 89 average - 100% recommended

Critic Reviews

Guardian - 5 / 5

Creative Assembly/SegaThis sprawling medieval fantasy brings together romantic and classical strategy game design with spectacular results

IGN Italy - Italian - 9.5 / 10

Total War: Warhammer III is sheer fun. Not a particularly deep game, nor a very innovative one, but a game capable of doing what it's meant to do: to provide an enjoyable framework for spectacular, breathtaking fantasy battles.

PC Invasion - 10 / 10

While it does have some notable flaws, namely a somewhat messier campaign progression, Total War: Warhammer III still manages to impress. With multiple factions and legendary lords to choose from, along with a plethora of improvements to existing mechanics, you're bound to have one hell of a good time.

TechRaptor - 9.5 / 10

Total War: Warhammer III is the best Total War has ever been, period. The sheer scale of it all is truly awe inspiring, which makes the attention every little detail receives all the more astounding.

The Games Machine - Italian - 9.5 / 10

Warhammer 3 is hands down the best Total War ever made. Despite some issues, some of them concerning diplomacy, the many new features and factions largely offset the problems of the game.

Wccftech - 9.5 / 10

As the culmination of the Total War: Warhammer trilogy, the story-focused approach combined with massive multiple-part battles feels like the right thing to do. While aspects can make you feel rushed, this is undeniably intentional as you're in a race against all other factions on the map, and the more I play it, the more I like it. The battles feel genuinely epic, with even regular ones seeing significant improvement thanks to excellent design. AI improvements on the campaign map, combined with the unique features of factions, also add another layer to the game. There are a few niggles here and there; the AI has issues during battles. Corruption on the campaign map also feels imbalanced, but while these can be irritating (corruption mainly), they are minor issues in the grand scheme. All in all, Total War: Warhammer III is an excellent game.

AusGamers - 9 / 10

And when it comes to the more well-known and established strategy franchises, you could say that <b>Total War</b> has always been about those things.

CGMagazine - 9 / 10

This all goes to say that Total War: Warhammer III is a great conclusion to a series that has reinvigorated what is possible from the Total War franchise. It’s epic, chaotic, and makes me want to wage campaigns against Chaos again and again.

GameWatcher - 9 / 10

Total War: Warhammer 3's only major "downside" comes from it being the final part of an established trilogy that (successfully) iterates on its predecessor's structure without changing it fundamentally. If you're not a fan of its streamlined empire management, fantasy setting, and sometimes floaty-feeling combat, there's not much here that will change your mind.

IGN - 9 / 10

A fitting capstone to the trilogy, the story-heavy campaign and an armload of exciting new factions lead Total War: Warhammer 3 to victory.

IGN Spain - Spanish - 9 / 10

Total War: Wahammer 3 closes a trilogy that is one of the best adaptations ever made to the strategy genre. An ambitious title that presents a huge and spectacular campaign along with multiple multiplayer options, while introducing important new features that significantly affect the development of the game. An excellent title for the genre that will delight fans of its universe.

Metro GameCentral - 9 / 10

An inspired ending to the Warhammer trilogy that rather than just adding new factions makes a host of clever additions and changes to the gameplay and structure, in what is one of the great achievements in modern strategy gaming.

PC Gamer - 90 / 100

A brilliant final act with the series' most inventive and unusual factions yet.

PCGamesN - 9 / 10

A triumphant step forward for Total War on almost every front, boasting not just the best and most diverse single-player campaigns ever, but a revolution in multiplayer too.

Shacknews - 9 / 10

Total War: Warhammer 3 is a big game by nearly every measure. It hosts big battles across enormous campaign maps, contains multiple armies with unique units, and effortlessly shifts between the Old World and Chaos Realms. It will get even bigger post-launch. It features absolutely gorgeous art in its many cutscenes that marry lush animation with the classic fantasy oil painting style and often hilarious voiceovers. It represents a giant bow on a gift Creative Assembly has been working on for years and is sure to be a can’t miss for Total War and Warhammer buffs alike. Will it change minds for those who bounced off the series in the past? Not really, but this one is for the fans, and I’d wager most folks would be delighted to receive this kind of attention for their favorite IP.

Sirus Gaming - 9 / 10

Total War: Warhammer III is an excellent game for the strategic mind. Those who wish to build their own empire, dominate, and form alliances will find a lot of content to satisfy their urges. If you’re willing to invest hours of your time into Total War: Warhammer III you’ll find a rich addicting experience.

Spaziogames - Italian - 9 / 10

Creative Assembly and Games Workshop have not slipped right on the final and Total War: Warhammer III is the perfect conclusion of the trilogy, as well as a clear step forward for the whole brand.

The Beta Network - 9 / 10

If you enjoy top-down real-time strategy games, then Total War: Warhammer 3 is a must-play.  The story is intriguing and stock full of lore. The gameplay is reminiscent of other great real-time strategy titles with it’s own flare. And the art design looks incredible.

TheSixthAxis - 9 / 10

If Total War Warhammer 3 is the beginning of the end for Creative Assembly's fantasy series, then it's going out on a high note. The game takes several steps forward in how the campaign works, how it builds toward climactic battles and then how those battles take place, and there's plenty of quality of life improvements for the Total War series as a whole.

Windows Central - 4.5 / 5

New features, factions, and gameplay options make Total War: Warhammer 3 a must-play strategy game. Lacking blood at launch was expected, but still disappointing.

Everyeye.it - Italian - 8.8 / 10

Total War: Warhammer III is a rich title, full of deep mechanics and that will keep you glued to the screen for dozens of hours.

Gamersky - Chinese - 8.8 / 10

As the final work of the Total War: Warhammer series, Total War: Warhammer III not only brings a lot of new content, but also improves and perfects the original content, which makes it the game with the best experience among Total War series so far. However, the slightly boring mid-to-late process, the occasional vicious bugs and other "old problems" left the game with some room for improvement. All in all, in a world where RTS is scarce, Total War: Warhammer III is a great choice for both long-time fans of the Total War series and newcomers to the Chinese-style camp of Cathay.

God is a Geek - 8.5 / 10

Total War: Warhammer III offers the incredible depth synonymous with the series, while adding expansive new multiplayer features and some great faction mechanics.

SECTOR.sk - Slovak - 8.5 / 10

Warhammer III successfully continues to present the blend of strategic gameplay and popular fantasy world with new races and a decent story.

GGRecon - 8 / 10

As much as I adore Total War: Warhammer 3, the graphical and performance issues I faced took the shine off what was a near-perfect experience otherwise. The difficulty spikes also seemed a little unfair and could lead to a campaign being sent back two or three saves to correct the smallest issue.

Despite this, Total War: Warhammer 3 is a fantastic overall package that rounds out a trilogy in an honourable fashion. Fans of the source material will have plenty to sink their teeth into and new players will find themselves with a friendly pathway into a whole new world of fantasy.

Gameblog - French - 8 / 10

Total War Warhammer III is a nice final episode even if it doesn't revolutionize the license. The new factions offer a lot of possibilities to play differently and this is a very good point in a Total War episode. The multiplayer is totally transformed through the end of the turn-based game and it's surely one of the most important positive points of the game.

GamesHub - 4 / 5

With an entertaining selection of factions, an interesting new game mode, and great onboarding, Total War: Warhammer 3 is a grand strategy well worth the time.

TheGamer - 4 / 5

Overall, Total War Warhammer 3 is a gift to its fans, a fitting send-off to the trilogy. The real going-away party arrives whenever Mortal Empires shows up, but for now, you can delve into the twisted Chaos Realm and get lost in sprawling battles and text-heavy menus, like any Total War fan.

Twinfinite - 4 / 5

Ultimately, it’s a great game that will almost inevitably become even better with time, but the launch package won’t disappoint fans of either franchise involved. Especially Warhammer Fans are in for a treat, with new lore and new heroes providing a ray of hope for a better future after quite a few bleak years.

VG247 - 4 / 5

Warhammer 3 is, frankly, an incredible package. It somehow manages to deliver multiple unique and satisfying campaigns, mostly without sacrificing their quality and depth in the process.

Cultured Vultures - 7.5 / 10

Though it may show the design limitations of the franchise's aging engine, Total War: Warhammer 3 is a solid conclusion to CA's foray into fantasy.

Eurogamer - Recommended

Warhammer 3 is Creative Assembly's most maximalist, chaotic, and arguably best game to date. But it'll ask a lot of you in return.

Polygon - Polygon Recommends

This new fortification system is also present in siege battles and small settlement engagements, and it's probably the biggest change to the overall Total War formula. Capturing points on the map builds up your resources, which you can then spend on fortifying defensible areas. It's a compelling tactical addition, bringing Total War closer to other real-time strategy games where it's not just about wiping out an army, but capturing points, defending them, and using resources wisely. It does, however, also take away from what Total War battles always seemed to be about: careful, tactical positioning within a semi-realistic environment.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun - Unscored

Though best considered as the final part of an excessive strategy megagame, Total War: Warhammer 3 is a heavyweight in its own right. A little too much RTS grind in the midgame is easily outweighed by transformative changes to multiplayer, sieges, diplomacy and more.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Total War: Warhammer III (17 February 2022) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Total War: Warhammer III - Information Thread, update: "Sons of Kislev" trailer and why Chinese players are "review bombing" the game
  • 3 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Total War: Warhammer III - Information Thread, update: "Immortal Empires" teaser trailer