A pair of confirmed "Battlefield 6" images have leaked

13 hours ago, heydude93 said:

I don't play online competitive shooters often, but this is absolutely a day one for me if they keep the destructible environments. More of that in current gen games, please!

Do you mean ps4 gen games? I honestly want next gen to take off and I always dislike how the new gen gets tangled up with the last gen for at least 2 years. Imo, it prevents the new gen to truly shine because they're always trying to optimize the games for last gen consoles too. Obviously it makes sense financially but I'm a selfish pos. :p

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

Do you mean ps4 gen games? I honestly want next gen to take off and I always dislike how the new gen gets tangled up with the last gen for at least 2 years. Imo, it prevents the new gen to truly shine because they're always trying to optimize the games for last gen consoles too. Obviously it makes sense financially but I'm a selfish pos. :p

PS5, since that's technically current gen, but yeah, it almost doesn't feel like it yet with how many crossgen/PS4 games are still coming out. As with previous gens, we still haven't seen peak PS5 visuals yet, and probably won't for another four years. Should be interesting to see how often physics and destructible environments become a standard feature as game worlds move from more curated experiences towards immersive simulations. ^_^

15 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

PS5, since that's technically current gen, but yeah, it almost doesn't feel like it yet with how many crossgen/PS4 games are still coming out. As with previous gens, we still haven't seen peak PS5 visuals yet, and probably won't for another four years. Should be interesting to see how often physics and destructible environments become a standard feature as game worlds move from more curated experiences towards immersive simulations. ^_^

I agree. We won't start seeing truly incredible tech for a few years. After the mid gen cycle consoles come out that's when we'll start seeing mind blowing shit. Also, yes, destructible environments should be utilized much more as this gen moves forward. I just have to be patient.  😌