Super Potato is offering their wares on eBay...

Ghost_MH

This was always one of those places my wife and I said we'd visit if we ever made the trip out to Japan.

image-2021-04-22-104227-1619084547778.pn
WWW.IGN.COM

Japan's legendary retro video game store Super Potato has a brand new eBay store. You can now browse and even buy some of the most highly sought after collectable games for the N64, Super Famicom, and...

Here's the link to their eBay storefront...

ebay-logo-1-1200x630-margin.png
WWW.EBAY.COM

Superpotato - retro games // With main store in Akihabara of Tokyo, we are retro game stores with 8 locations throughout Japan. We dedicated Japanese retro games and consoles. Please enjoy...

Super Potatos (there are more than 1) are just mostly a tourist trap, so expect somewhat inflated prices on their ebay page. Best places to go while in japan are going to be Book Offs further from the main city. Outside japan then yahoo auctions is still decent if you're patient.

It's definitely a cool place to visit, but weirdly enough I've done most of my retro game buying at other stores. There's a few branches, the picture above is the most well-known store in Akihabara, but there's one in Shinjuku and a couple in Osaka as well. Maybe more.

I've probably bought a lot more games at RetroGameCamp.

23 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

It's definitely a cool place to visit, but weirdly enough I've done most of my retro game buying at other stores. There's a few branches, the picture above is the most well-known store in Akihabara, but there's one in Shinjuku and a couple in Osaka as well. Maybe more.

I've probably bought a lot more games at RetroGameCamp.

I've heard RGC is also shit for prices most of the time. =/

20 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I've heard RGC is also shit for prices most of the time. =/

A few of my Super Famicom games are still in the wrapping with price stickers on it and they don't seem outrageous. Maybe a little high, but RGC is a pretty prime location right on the main street in Akihabara so it definitely gets a lot of traffic of tourists just wandering in. The thing about Book-Offs and the like is that they tend to have more recent-gen trade-ins. I feel like its a lot more GameCube/PS2 gen and later stuff and then I'll often see like a 10-yen dump bin of Famicom/Super Famicom trash games. I'd imagine the RGC and Super Potatos of the world are already picking out the good stuff for themselves.

• 2 months later...

I went to the Akihabara one and I had a great time. I almost bought a super famicom but ended up holding off. 

I ended up buying the Japanese version of ico + wanderer and the colossus box set remake as well as a Japanese copy of dark souls 3 at what appeared to be like a Japanese GameStop type place lol. But I would recommend anyone go to super potato, they have some cool stuff and it’s just fun to be there. Very cramped though.