Anyone ever get their appendix removed?

best3444

8 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Try packing mounds of gauze into a massive pressure ulcer in someone’s butt that smells fetid, has tons of purulent brown drainage and you can stick your whole fist into and see muscle and bone. 

I wish I could show y’all photos. 

Jesus, you really are living the dream huh

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Either of you. Any person who has two working arms can wash themselves.

once has this 40something woman who walked up to the desk and asked why no one had bathed her. “Here are some towels and soap, ma’am.”

Shit, give her my digits.  :call:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

My paycheck says so. 

I resuscitated a man last night who went into full cardiac arrest after apparently throwing a massive PE. He was as blue as a smurf. 

I don't know how you do it. Some of the things you have mentioned in the past and now sound terrifying to deal with. We need people like you so continue the great work!

As far as meds to give me for sleep... they gave me melatonin so basically nothing. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

I don't know how you do it. Some of the things you have mentioned in the past and now sound terrifying to deal with. We need people like you so continue the great work!

As far as meds to give me for sleep... they gave me melatonin so basically nothing. 

In my experience, most doctors are pretty conservative when giving narcotics. Melatonin is usually all I ever give, unless the patient is on a home dose of something stronger. 

Had a patient last night who threw a fit because the doctor wouldn’t order his home dose of 3mg of Xanax, when he was being admitted for altered mental status and multiple falls. He informed us he was a lawyer and a history PhD and we were asking for a lawsuit. 🙄

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I guess you didn't think to bring your switch or anything, you could chip away at something while you were at the hospital.

No. Because I went to my family doctor at 820am thinking I was sick. Didn't think I'd be in a hospital in 20 min from getting to the Dr. Office. I couldn't play games in here etc. I now have a really bad sore throat which they say is normal. 

4 hours ago, Rachel said:

Melatonin? Da fuq? At least give you some Benadryl or Dramamine or something if they’re only giving out pussy shit. 

Yep. The nurse was a pussy and never came back after I asked someone to get her. She then came in much later on and ignored it. Cnut is probably right. They aren't going to give me anything strong for the procedure I had done. It's 5am now so I'm hoping I don't have to long to go to get back home. To a regular bed, Elton, zzzquil, and marijuana lol. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yep. The nurse was a pussy and never came back after I asked someone to get her. She then came in much later on and ignored it. Cnut is probably right. They aren't going to give me anything strong for the procedure I had done. It's 5am now so I'm hoping I don't have to long to go to get back home. To a regular bed, Elton, zzzquil, and marijuana lol. 

How old was the nurse? Over 40?

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yup. They are being reluctant to give me anything to sleep. I guess I won't sleep 2 nights in a row.

:shrug:

Never ask for something to help you sleep. I told ya, tell them you are starting to experience pain and discomfort from the surgery. They’ll give you something for the pain which will help with getting you some sleep. 

13 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Never ask for something to help you sleep. I told ya, tell them you are starting to experience pain and discomfort from the surgery. They’ll give you something for the pain which will help with getting you some sleep. 

Yeah it's just like a special massage. After your surgery say you want to feel "really good" and they'll accommodate you accordingly.

26 minutes ago, Biggie said:

12 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah it's just like a special massage. After your surgery say you want to feel "really good" and they'll accommodate you accordingly.

This is the first time I've been in a hospital in over 21yrs. I'm new to this. Good suggestions though.

Also, I've always been shy in asking for things. It's fucked up I know. 

27 minutes ago, best3444 said:

They said I'll most likely leave today. I've been watching ridiculousness for god knows how many hours. 

Careful driving home after surgery and no sleep. Don’t want to be involved in another car accident.  lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Careful driving home after surgery and no sleep. Don’t want to be involved in another car accident.  lol

I just had breakfast and it tasted like I ate Elton's poop. I was in a much, much, better hospital for my brother. Their food was excellent. I'll be careful driving 🏡 

30 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Turn your mom into a drug mule and get her to snuggle some shit in

I just asked for my prescribed medications. They are acting if though I'm asking them to take their own lives for me. These people have attitudes, too. 

Edit: Just found out they prescribed me oxy the entire time. I'm upset but whatever. I guess I didn't speak up enough.