Is ESO worth jumping into?

Paperclyp

I’ve dabbled. I actually tried booting it on my PS5 but I keep getting errors when it tries to copy the disc, but they’ve got an edition that covers everything including the upcoming expansion in June, and I’m tempted. I’m just feeling like grinding some crap out and destiny isn’t doing it for me. 

You guys like that game? Feel like it’s worth the investment of $60?

This is not the answer you're looking for. 

I have always found it hard to get into for some reason, but it seems like game that is actually easy to jump into based off of how other random internet dwellers talk about it. I know a lot of people like it as well. I just find it hard to get my bearings. At least last time I played. The first time I tried the game there were no expansions and that was easier to get into, but the last time I started it put new players in the new zones and I felt lost. Never really liked how classes were handled.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

This is not the answer you're looking for. 

I have always found it hard to get into for some reason, but it seems like game that is actually easy to jump into based off of how other random internet dwellers talk about it. I know a lot of people like it as well. I just find it hard to get my bearings. At least last time I played. The first time I tried the game there were no expansions and that was easier to get into, but the last time I started it put new players in the new zones and I felt lost. Never really liked how classes were handled.

It feels a lot different than your typical MMO since you can just go anywhere and kinda do whatever content whenever you want. I am a sucker for ES lore so I do enjoy just seeing the environments with modern trappings. 

First time I tried it it didn’t stick. Second time I really liked it but I just fell off for some reason. 

I think it's probably one of the most newbie-friendly mmo's out there. Everything aside from the dungeons and the world bosses are solo-able, and it's not like FF14 where the story will eventually force you into a matchmaking dungeon. Dungeons in ESO are compketely optional.

There are even paths you can choose where the game will recommend skills that compliment the type of combat you want to use.

I've put many, many hours into it and honestly have been thinking about jumping back in with a new build. I'm on XBO if you're interested.

As far as it being worth the $60, the base game alone is gigantic, not counting Morrowind, Elsewyr, Summerset, and Greymoor. 

The downside is that if you get hardcore into dungeons, a lot of the expansion dungeons are piecemeal dlc. In that situation, its cheaper to pay for the $15 Plus sub and play through them all, then cancel it.

EDIT: Also.. you don't have to spend $60. You can get the base game for less than ten bucks and spend $15 for a month of ESO Plus which will have all the expansions except for the newest one. If you don't like it, you're out maybe $25. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

:p ended up buying the $60 version. 

I will add that if you have the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood expansions, do the introductory quests as early as you can. That will give you the skill lines for those factions and they're extremely helpful. Dark Brotherhood will give you the Blade of Woe which is an insta-kill stealth attack. YOU WANT THIS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I will add that if you have the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood expansions, do the introductory quests as early as you can. That will give you the skill lines for those factions and they're extremely helpful. Dark Brotherhood will give you the Blade of Woe which is an insta-kill stealth attack. YOU WANT THIS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.

I don’t THINK I do, but I’ll double check when I boot up later. I have a level 18 character I’m continuing that probably is way behind on optimal leveling route, but I’m not sure how adventurous I’ll get with late game cooperative stuff with others relying on me. That shit gives me anxiety to be honest. 

I’m fascinated listening to people interact in the cities. I am a very social person with my established circles, but the idea of chatting it up with strangers has always been a foreign concept to me. 

1 minute ago, Paperclyp said:

I don’t THINK I do, but I’ll double check when I boot up later. I have a level 18 character I’m continuing that probably is way behind on optimal leveling route, but I’m not sure how adventurous I’ll get with late game cooperative stuff with others relying on me. That shit gives me anxiety to be honest. 

I’m fascinated listening to people interact in the cities. I am a very social person with my established circles, but the idea of chatting it up with strangers has always been a foreign concept to me. 

OMG if you ever come across an auction it's... quite interesting. By that I mean that there will literally be a guy standing on a wall or bench or something with an entire crowd of players around them and they are literally auctioning off stuff. First time I saw one I just stood there and watched for like, 15 minutes lol.