Is Ominous the can of beans dad?

Jason

36 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Against all odds I think fatherhood fundamentality altered Ominous' sense of humanity, so actually he seems nothing like Beans Dad.

It's fun to rib him a little bit though remembering what he used to be like. :p

29 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I think it’s hilarious that this is the thing that makes John Roderick (in)famous. 

This just got 10x funnier:

Ken-Jennings-1.jpg
WWW.THEWRAP.COM

Ken Jennings on Sunday defended the viral story about Bean Dad, musician John Roderick, a cohost of a podcast with the "Jeopardy!" champ

1 hour ago, Jason said:

It's fun to rib him a little bit though remembering what he used to be like. :p

Ken-Jennings-1.jpg
WWW.THEWRAP.COM

Ken Jennings on Sunday defended the viral story about Bean Dad, musician John Roderick, a cohost of a podcast with the "Jeopardy!" champ

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Ken-Jennings-1.jpg
WWW.THEWRAP.COM

On one of his podcasts (Roderick on the Line) he is constantly telling absurd stories. I assume that most of them are greatly exaggerated. I've gotta agree with Mr. Jennings here and say that the whole situation is ridiculous. The dirt people are digging up from his Twitter makes me laugh, because he says shit like that all the time (blaming The Jews, for example) but I never got a sense of actual hostility from it. I guess if you're not familiar with him and just reading random blurbs, it sounds worse than it is

Bean-Dad-3.jpg

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Eq1yJ8mXIAIE8an?format=jpg&name=large

Context for this one: back in 2012, comedian Dave Anthony (The Dollop) was cohosting a podcast with Greg Behrendt called Walking the Room. I don't remember it specifically, but that could honestly be a quote Dave said on that show. He we the angry, aggressive one on that show, but again it was all for humor. I guess you can make the argument that rape is something that should never be joked about, especially on a platform where it's hard to convey the right tone. If you were listening to these shows at the time, there's no way you would see this as anything but a joke.

I suppose there's always the chance that John really hated Dave for some reason and decided to publicly threaten him on Twitter, but that seems absurd.