Evil West (Flying Wild Hog, 22 November 2022) - update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Commissar SFLUFAN

14 hours ago, Brian said:

That boss is annoying af. I gave it a good 10 tries again tonight before dropping it to Story difficulty. I can get the boss close but then it starts doing every annoying attack at once. It isn’t a short fight either. Besides that fight, I haven’t found it too difficult at normal but I guess this point I will finish on story 

Was this right in the snow? Also story mode difficulty is pretty good for me actually. It’s not ridiculously easy, I still die. It could be normal honestly with an easier mode available.

14 minutes ago, stepee said:

Was this right in the snow? Also story mode difficulty is pretty good for me actually. It’s not ridiculously easy, I still die. It could be normal honestly with an easier mode available.

No in the forest. You will know when you hit. It’s a huge jump in difficulty. I didn’t die until that boss. Crazy this game has a permanent death mode. I can’t imagine why anyone would turn that on for a linear story based game n

8 hours ago, Brian said:

No in the forest. You will know when you hit. It’s a huge jump in difficulty. I didn’t die until that boss. Crazy this game has a permanent death mode. I can’t imagine why anyone would turn that on for a linear story based game n

Ohh is it this penis monster that cums acid on you in the forest?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Brian said:

Yup!  He drops balls and sprays cum all over you. It’s a nightmare fight on normal 

Oh man I bet yeah, I didn’t die on easy but I could see that being a pain on normal because I’m sure those exploding enemy’s nearly instant death you when they come at you while you are focused on dick boy.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

Oh man I bet yeah, I didn’t die on easy but I could see that being a pain on normal because I’m sure those exploding enemy’s nearly instant death you when they come at you while you are focused on dick boy.

One dick slap and exploding dude is enough to KO you. Then redoing it all over to die at the same shit is super frustrating. First time in a while where my wife came into the room and said  calm the fuck down and what the fuck are you playing. 

• Haha 3

One thing I’ll add is that I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the environments, and the variety with them. I got a bad vibe for how this game looked, I’m not a fan of “gross” environments and I got the impression it was going to be mostly a combo of that and bright red hellscapes which turned me off a bit. But it’s really not that at all, though there are some “gross” landscape areas, it’s a good mix and has more regular western looking places than I anticipated. It can actually look pretty nice at times.

The story is like BEYOND dumb but it works, since the entire thing is dumb.

Biggest complaint is probably just the difficulty should be adjusted so that easy is normal, etc, and maybe have a true easy mode. But easy is a good difficulty for me here so whatever.

Punching people feels good as fuck in this. 

• Halal 1

There are way too many weapons in this game. I was fighting a boss and hit the wrong button and boom a flash a light. “Oh yea I forgot about that weapon”. 

The difficulty typically is small arenas, ton of enemies, small FOV, and the character moves like a truck. I find those battles to be the hardest. I kept it on easy because the spikes are bizzare. The hardest fight in chapter 10 is literally the first fight. It’s weird. 

Having said that, I am enjoying the game for what it is. 

1 minute ago, Brian said:

There are way too many weapons in this game. I was fighting a boss and hit the wrong button and boom a flash a light. “Oh yea I forgot about that weapon”. 

The difficulty typically is small arenas, ton of enemies, small FOV, and the character moves like a truck. I find those battles to be the hardest. I kept it on easy because the spikes are bizzare. The hardest fight in chapter 10 is literally the first fight. It’s weird. 

Having said that, I am enjoying the game for what it is. 

Yeah I agree with the weapons, and also is it just me or are the icons for them on the wrong sides of the screen? Like the buttons you press on the right compare to the icons on the cross on the left and vise versa for the most part.

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah I agree with the weapons, and also is it just me or are the icons for them on the wrong sides of the screen? Like the buttons you press on the right compare to the icons on the cross on the left and vise versa for the most part.

Yup. The UI is a mess. I don’t even bother trying to figure it. 

• True 1

10 hours ago, Brian said:

I finished the game.  It is a solid 7. 

Ice Cube Friday GIF

Just beat as well, definitely a solid 7. I would rank it higher if they cut out like 2 hours of bullet sponging from the fights. Even on easy it was getting a bit much. It feels a bit like they did it to stretch the length of the game but the game is worse for it.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/22/2022 at 8:48 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

Big brain theory though. Perhaps they are charging full price up front and after a couple of weeks they'll go on game pass.

Big Brain theory didn't pan out, but it made it eventually!

NEWS.XBOX.COM

Coming soon to Game Pass: MLB The Show 24, Lightyear Frontier, Control Ultimate Edition, and more!