13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Greatoneshere

15 minutes ago, stepee said:

I heard it runs flawlessly like it could be native emulated.

It does run well 57-60FPS. If I could transfer my save easliy I'd almost consider switching (pun intended) so I can run the game on a handheld at 1080p. Not sure if super sampling beats out and OLED though. 

5 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

It does run well 57-60FPS. If I could transfer my save easliy I'd almost consider switching (pun intended) so I can run the game on a handheld at 1080p. Not sure if super sampling beats out and OLED though. 

yaaaaaa oled switch is the place for this one, 720p is fine for this style/game and the oled makes it all pop

• True 1

Finally dove into this for realz and got through the prologue last night and yeahhhh this gonna be good. Lots of crazy shit happening and the art just makes me stop and stare constantly. I personally could do without the waifu stuff but it’s not too bad. I mean except the constantly naked teenagers thing. Seems completely unneeded but I get it their fans are into it.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Finally dove into this for realz and got through the prologue last night and yeahhhh this gonna be good. Lots of crazy shit happening and the art just makes me stop and stare constantly. I personally could do without the waifu stuff but it’s not too bad. I mean except the constantly naked teenagers thing. Seems completely unneeded but I get it their fans are into it.

Supposedly their is a story reason for it. I haven't gotten thst far yet. I might play during my breaks and lunches. The mod I play in HOI4 is dying and I miss playing since I'm working now. Gonna look for a game after work.

Just now, Zaku3 said:

Supposedly their is a story reason for it. I haven't gotten thst far yet. I might play during my breaks and lunches. The mod I play in HOI4 is dying and I miss playing since I'm working now. Gonna look for a game after work.

yeah I assume there is a story reason they are naked, I kinda assumed since they all are in the mechs, and maybe it makes sense. But the teenage girls are definitely drawn in a way for it to be waifu “fan service” which is a little weird to me. It’s not a big deal or overtly sexual just kinda weird.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

yeah I assume there is a story reason they are naked, I kinda assumed since they all are in the mechs, and maybe it makes sense. But the teenage girls are definitely drawn in a way for it to be waifu “fan service” which is a little weird to me. It’s not a big deal or overtly sexual just kinda weird.

Currently working to get most of my characters to the 70s. Once I do that I need to grind. 2 so far need certain missions to be done.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

But the teenage girls are definitely drawn in a way for it to be waifu “fan service” which is a little weird to me. It’s not a big deal or overtly sexual just kinda weird.

Welcome to anime where everyone is in high school and the girls have big tiddies.

44 minutes ago, stepee said:

yeah I don’t want to be spoiled but I bet it’s pretty weak lol

Honest guys. It's for legit story reasons. Has absolutely nothing to do with us going for dat otaku money and that well our characters are hot.

• Sicko 1

• 3 months later...

Finally got around to diving into this game. I wasn’t sure if I was going to gel with it at first. Given the time travel nature of the story and the wide ensemble cast it quickly throws at you, I have a hard time getting my bearings in the story side of the game. It’s tough for me to articulate, but I know there are things that are intentionally confusing, mysteries that I can’t solve because I just haven’t been given the clues. But there are other times when characters/events are mentioned and I have no idea what they mean, but I’m not sure if I’m missing their significance because I’m dumb, or if I shouldn’t know it yet. But for now I’m not going to worry about it too much, and just let it wash over me.  

As for the combat side of things, I’ve just done a few battles beyond the prologue/tutorial, and I like them so far. I like how they feel utterly chaotic, but manageable. 

• Like 1

75% done. I’ve been kinda pacing myself, but now I’m in a mad dash to finish it before I leave for vacation on Wednesday. The WTF factor hits a point of diminishing returns after a while, but the sheer number of concepts/tropes/twists they jammed into this thing, in a way that’s fairly coherent, is impressive. 

In a reversal from how I am with most games, I now get annoyed every time I’m forced to do the combat missions. Just let me walk around and talk to people, dammit! :lol: I wasn’t exactly struggling with them, but I still bumped it down to casual so I could get an S rank with the bonus objectives on the first time and just rush through ASAP. Maybe once I’m done with the story, I’ll go back and engage with that side of things on a higher level.