16,000 restaurants have permanently closed in the US in the last 4 months

Just now, Spork3245 said:

I don’t see/get a picture - is that like a grubhub thing? I order directly from the restaurants so they’re not getting screwed from app fees.

Ah you know I lumped you and @emalider together. If you get Postmates you see the person delivering it. I think I had a Jake J or something with a douchey picture. :p

Though he did the contactless delivery so I left him a nice tip.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Ah you know I lumped you and @emalider together. If you get Postmates you see the person delivering it. I think I had a Jake J or something with a douchey picture. :p

I don’t know what Postmates is :( 

EDIT: oh, it’s just another grubhub :p 

3 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

At Domino's the teen rolling dough has his nose hanging out of his mask. At the other pizza place, the cook is walking around the kitchen with his mask on his neck like a scarf. I'm better off braving the grocery store myself. 

I've only been to a couple of fast food restaurants and Mexican places with drive thrus but everyone is wearing a mask.

In fact only one time I went to Carls Jr and the lady wasn't wearing a mask and I felt kind of weirded out.

Also, generally they have a message on the window saying to wear a mask when you take your order. Not sure how many people adhere but I do. :p

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Ayyyyy. To be fair, I don't see them at all - contactless delivery is the way to go.

I think around a dozen have closed in my viewing area. I've been on part-time restaurant duty, keeping track of literally nearly every restaurant in the area. I'm glad many have stayed open, and I love the transition to your normal dine-in restaurant offering takeout. But we'll have to go through some pain, and I hope the next stimulus bill is good to put a higher bottom to the pandemic.