Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila is basically in a creepy Christian cult

thewhyteboar

This is not Jung’s first 9-1-1 call of the day; he’d called earlier to forewarn police about this exact situation. He’d had a volatile conversation with Gbaja-Biamila, the former Packers star and divorced father of three Providence students who will perform tonight, the one who hasn’t seen his kids in nearly two years but still doesn’t want them to be part of a Christmas program. “You don’t need to worry about me,” Gbaja-Biamila had told Jung. “Black people don't shoot up schools. White people do.”

Can't argue with that!

This is how Waco shit happens. 

What a fascinating article. 

EDIT:

:lol: I just got to this part at the end of the article after I posted this. 

He mentions that, while he doesn’t align with his beliefs or his actions, he’s reading up on David Koresh’s behavior in the lead-up to the deadly 1993 raid on the Branch Davidian compound in Waco; he doesn’t want to give law enforcement a reason to come after Straitway.

KGB is going to murder someone one day. 

I've done a deep dive on this pastor that KGB likes so much. I'm not okay with this shit existing so near to me. It's about an hour northeast of Nashville. 

As mentioned in the article, his name is Charles Dowell. His Youtube channel is just terrible. And he has a ton of followers too. Apparently there's a rumor that he runs a commune out in the sticks. This is corroborated by some of his followers posting YT vids of church functions where they shoot guns and shit. One white redhaired dude posts a bunch of videos where he talks to the camera while seated in the drivers seat of his truck. 

Friends. 

I found the commune. 

It's made of four properties. Two owned by the church entity called "Church of Jesus Christ House of Prayer c/o Charles Dowell" and two owned by Dowell himself. 

The two owned by the church contain a church building on one (duh). But the other is a 14 acre property with a ton of mobile homes on it (and no utility hookups). Here's that property:

https://assessment.cot.tn.gov/RE_Assessment/ParcelDetailIMPACT.aspx

Here's a pin on where the commune is. 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/36%C2%B035'26.2%22N+85%C2%B055'34.9%22W/@36.590614,-85.9276409,401m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d36.590614!4d-85.926371

The church page has some videos of them having worship and the stuff in the article is proven. Worship videos show men in the front of the hall and women at the back. Women have their heads covered. 

Here's that video. And at 6:55 there's an image of the church building this video is advertising. That structure is how I identified this via satellite. 

This shit is so wild, man. I hate this bullshit.

EDIT:

Some people back in May posted some racist shit on this church's video, then that resulted in some people on the church's property doing who knows what. That's not cool. But this video chronicles this pastor's reaction to that...

Armed sweeps of the land. Dude chasing the trespassers in their trucks.

They're all about guns and self defense. This shit is terrifying. They're going to get someone killed. 

I'm not getting anywhere near this shit. I know the rural areas down here. I know how people can talk big and be all "git off mah land."

This is different. This is not a group to provoke by nosing in on their space.

Honestly, in the absence of reports of physical abuse or harm going on, I think the authorities should stay the fuck out of this dude's way. 

I'm more plugged into black activism now than I was, say, 6 months ago, so I'm seeing more patterns there. I am not surprised Black Hebrew Israelites came up here. 

I won't say it's common or widespread, but any time a guy gets a little too into the Old Testament and gets a little too fundamental, BHI is probably around the corner. 

I've been thinking about this after finishing the third part. 

Objectively, groups like Straitway are bad. They cultivate the worst types of patriarchal control. They're protected behind a veil of religion. The isolation makes the situations ripe for abuse. 

But what struck me was in the third part of the series how the teachings by Dowell appealed so well to NFL players. The structure. The focus on being "manly men." The reliance on him as figurehead for direction. It all really feels like what the players have in the context of being coached on a team. But with an added spiritual focus, it makes it not only more real and meaningful, but completely unimpeachable. 

There's so much at work here and so much that exemplifies problems in society--Patriarchy, violence, extremism, toxic masculinity, cult behaviors, social media reach, false history and conspiracies. 

I'm the type of person that wants to identify problems and figure out ways to fix these things. 

I'm at a loss here. I don't know how we as a society and a nation fix things like this. Because they're just everywhere. 

On 7/18/2020 at 10:03 AM, CayceG said:

I'm at a loss here. I don't know how we as a society and a nation fix things like this. Because they're just everywhere. 

47 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I don't know either. We obviously have a society where some alienated men turn to evil, violent belief structures. I don't know what the cure is.

I'll save you guys the trouble: there probably is none within the existing structure of American society.

On 7/14/2020 at 10:53 PM, CayceG said:

I've done a deep dive on this pastor that KGB likes so much. I'm not okay with this shit existing so near to me. It's about an hour northeast of Nashville. 

As mentioned in the article, his name is Charles Dowell. His Youtube channel is just terrible. And he has a ton of followers too. Apparently there's a rumor that he runs a commune out in the sticks. This is corroborated by some of his followers posting YT vids of church functions where they shoot guns and shit. One white redhaired dude posts a bunch of videos where he talks to the camera while seated in the drivers seat of his truck. 

Friends. 

I found the commune. 

It's made of four properties. Two owned by the church entity called "Church of Jesus Christ House of Prayer c/o Charles Dowell" and two owned by Dowell himself. 

The two owned by the church contain a church building on one (duh). But the other is a 14 acre property with a ton of mobile homes on it (and no utility hookups). Here's that property:

https://assessment.cot.tn.gov/RE_Assessment/ParcelDetailIMPACT.aspx

Here's a pin on where the commune is. 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/36%C2%B035'26.2%22N+85%C2%B055'34.9%22W/@36.590614,-85.9276409,401m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d36.590614!4d-85.926371

The church page has some videos of them having worship and the stuff in the article is proven. Worship videos show men in the front of the hall and women at the back. Women have their heads covered. 

Here's that video. And at 6:55 there's an image of the church building this video is advertising. That structure is how I identified this via satellite. 

This shit is so wild, man. I hate this bullshit.

EDIT:

Some people back in May posted some racist shit on this church's video, then that resulted in some people on the church's property doing who knows what. That's not cool. But this video chronicles this pastor's reaction to that...

Armed sweeps of the land. Dude chasing the trespassers in their trucks.

They're all about guns and self defense. This shit is terrifying. They're going to get someone killed. 

The Pope needs to bring back the Inquisition so I can hunt down heretics.

spacer.png