Skinny Twitter embeds?

Jason

A couple of people on the CEB said they're seeing this but I'm having trouble quickly finding the post. I've only seen this on my S7, I'm not seeing this on desktop or on my S10+. So maybe it's a screen size/ratio issue? Has anyone else seen this and if so what device were you on when you saw it?

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

A couple of people on the CEB said they're seeing this but I'm having trouble quickly finding the post. I've only seen this on my S7, I'm not seeing this on desktop or on my S10+. So maybe it's a screen size/ratio issue? Has anyone else seen this and if so what device were you on when you saw it?

It's happening on my Win10 desktop.

Doesn't seem to be happening on my iPhone 11 Pro.

Hmm. Still not seeing it on Windows 10 desktop. Yesterday the embeds were breaking for me in the Samsung browser on my S10+ and now they're the skinny ones. Still seeing the normal ones in Brave on my S10+, though.

@Emblazon I'm assuming this isn't a theming issue considering how scattershot this is, right? Seems like it has to be a change in how Twitter is serving up the embeds or something like that? It being so scattershot feels like Twitter A/B testing bullshit.

1 hour ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

This is more than likely a change in the Twitter API, not something on the board software end.

I seem to remember Emblazon having to fiddle with the size of the embed container to get the Twitter embed container sized at the old setting. So it's probably a change in the Twitter API but it may be something Emblazon is able to compensate for. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

To further confirm that the issue is on Twitter's end, embedded tweets on ResetERA are displaying similarly and they use a totally different board software than we do.

I know last time it took a couple of days for it to filter through to every browser, but right now I'm only seeing it on mobile. Are you seeing it on here/Reset just on mobile or on desktop too?

On 6/25/2020 at 11:19 AM, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Both mobile and desktop.

Seeing it on desktop now too.

This kinda feels like something that's supposed to be targeted at mobile that they're having trouble keeping from bleeding over to desktop. Hope it goes away again like last time.

• 4 weeks later...