Gangs of London - Gareth Evans' (The Raid, The Raid 2) New TV Miniseries

Anyone else watching Gareth Evans' new TV miniseries Gangs of London? The writer/director of Merantau, The Raid: Redemption, The Raid 2, and Apostle is the co-creator and executive producer of this 9-episode miniseries about gangs in London. Evans also co-wrote and directed episodes 1 and 5. You can see a lot of The Raid and The Raid 2 in this film (particularly The Raid 2) and anyone who has been wanting more Raid-style fight scenes will definitely get their fill with this show. Episode 1 alone had two fantastic fight sequences (I'm on episode 4 currently). All episodes are already out and have aired in the UK. I highly recommend people check this show out.

40 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

I had heard that the UK already got this show, I'm just kicking back here Stateside twiddling my thumbs until Cinemax starts airing the episodes. Has been on my radar for like a year now! 

There are other means also by which to get it . . . right now (as I live in the US as well). :p 

Patience is a virtue that shall be rewarded, however if you Don't Mind in enlightening someone to the dark side...

7 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

There are other means also by which to get it . . . right now (as I live in the US as well). :p 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I watched the first episode... I didn't have a problem understanding them without subs. I have an ear for dialects though so... I've heard thinker British accents though and this didn't seem egregious to me at all. That said, I'm all in on this.

I agree, I don't think the accents in this are that bad or anything.

Also, I just finished the season. Incredible, really enjoyed it. Perhaps someone should change the thread title though because the show ends so open-ended there really will have to be a season 2 at some point, even though there's been no announcement of one yet. Either way, doesn't look like it'll be a miniseries.