Universal now rules the UNIVERSE!

https://screenrant.com/universal-lego-movies-warner-bros/

The Lego Universe!

Following the expiration of their deal with Warner Bros., the LEGO Group has officially closed a deal with Universal to develop new movies based on the property. The mega-popular plastic construction toyline (which has been around since 1949) finally made the jump to the big screen with 2014's animated The LEGO Movie. Directed by 21 Jump Street duo and Into the Spider-Verse producers Phil Lord and Chris Miller, the film was an unexpected smash-hit, grossing $468 million worldwide and earning critical praise for combining non-stop LEGO visual gags and pop culture references with a touching story and themes about the importance of creativity.

WB RIP....

LEGO Movie 2 was a HUGE disappointment for WB. It’s weird that nobody saw the movie. I was moving at the time so I didn’t catch it in theaters but when I saw it later I was surprised by how well it lives up to being a sequel to such a great movie like the first LEGO Movie. Unfortunately releasing two other spin offs created a sense of LEGO fatigue before the first sequel was even released. It was short sighted on their part. The reason why LEGO Movie did so well is because it felt so fresh and like a breath of fresh air. Releasing so many LEGO movies with long a short period of time took away from that freshness.