Valorant - OT - Riot’s CS and Overwatch mashup

Brian

128-tick servers, at least 30 frames per second on most min-spec computers (even dating back a decade), 60 to 144 FPS on modern gaming rigs, a global spread of datacenters aimed at <35ms for players in major cities around the world, a netcode we’ve been obsessing over for years, and a commitment to anti-cheat from day one.

Valorant is a tactical 5v5 character-based shooter set in a near-future version of Earth. There'll be around 10 characters at launch with more coming. All the characters have a set of four unique abilities, two of which you have to buy with money earned between rounds, at the same time you buy weapons and armor.

Once you've chosen your character, you're locked into them for the entirety of a match, which consists of up to 24 rounds with sudden death in the event of a tie. Currently there is only one main mode: Bomb defusal. Just like in Counter-Strike, one team must plant a bomb at a bomb site while the other team defends

Valorant PC Specs

Recommended Specs - 60fps

CPU: Intel i3-4150

GPU: Geforce GT730

High-end Specs - 144+fps

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz

GPU: GTX 1050 Ti

Minimum Specs - 30fps

CPU: Intel i3-370M

GPU: Intel HD 3000

PC Hardware recommendations:

Windows 7/8/10 64-bit

4GB RAM

1GB VRAM

• 1 month later...

Watching streams of this reinforced how thoroughly I do not understand the appeal of CS:GO and its ilk...The 'main objective' is borderline pointless, and the majority of the gun play consists of peaking around shit and just waiting for someone to come around. Just doesn't seem fun to me.

49 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Watching streams of this reinforced how thoroughly I do not understand the appeal of CS:GO and its ilk...The 'main objective' is borderline pointless, and the majority of the gun play consists of peaking around shit and just waiting for someone to come around. Just doesn't seem fun to me.

Sounds like you're unfamiliar with the server browser where you can just play game modes and shoot each other for fun.

CS_Office for life!

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Sounds like you're unfamiliar with the server browser where you can just play game modes and shoot each other for fun.

CS_Office for life!

Nah, I had some fun fooling around in CS:S back in the day! I guess what I mean is that competitive CS looks boring. 

• 1 month later...