1.5 hour secret video of Trump having dinner with Lev Parnas

11 hours ago, Jose said:

Hate to burst your bubble.

Just kidding, I love it.

Obama picked Joe because he needed the support of the more conservative wing of the party. Trump picked pence because he needed to secure the support of the fundies. Romney and McCain picked Ryan and Palin because they needed to lock in support from the crazies (this was before the right hated Ryan mind you).

The general point that she probably left votes on the table by selecting Kaine isn't gone, but nice own.

13 hours ago, CayceG said:

I posted this on the Discord, but wanted to repost here to get everyone's takes. 

I'm in one of those moods where I am reflecting on the whole Trump thing.

Corruption, awful coverups, misconduct... And the republicans are 100% behind him. And I question why that is. Is it because they're getting something out of him? (Judges, legislation, etc) Is it because he's their id? Is there more to it than that even?
Nixon wasn't like that. They turned on him. Republicans then couldn't have been any better than they are now. Can they?

Yes they were because they had to be. The Country as a whole was just smarter, less distracted by bullshit and more engaged. You only had, what four or five channels back then? You HAD to be engaged in a way that just isn't the same anymore.

10 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Obama picked Joe because he needed the support of the more conservative wing of the party. Trump picked pence because he needed to secure the support of the fundies. Romney and McCain picked Ryan and Palin because they needed to lock in support from the crazies (this was before the right hated Ryan mind you).

The general point that she probably left votes on the table by selecting Kaine isn't gone, but nice own.

I agree about the Biden VP pick but I would make the argument that Romney picked Ryan not because of the crazies but because the media portrayed him positively & as a "policy wonk".  I think we can also assume that McCain picked Palin because he was told she'd pull in the angry women/PUMA's pissed at Hillary's loss.  That actually kind of worked but it wasn't enough to matter.  McCain/Palin ended up pulling in more Hillary voters than Trump pulling in Bernie voters.  (btw, 13% of Trump voters voted for Obama in 2012...*crickets*)

I definitely agree that it was a big mistake picking Kaine, talk about having absolutely zero benefit, the ultimate vanilla choice.  I feel like if she wanted to be strategic she would have picked Bernie not because of his supporters/agenda but because she would have pulled him out of the Senate.  He wouldn't have become a potential thorn on her side (he was making primary threats against Obama because of his social security cuts & extending bush tax cuts), it would have effectively neutered him with him as her VP.  But with that said, I feel like if Hillary won then 2018 would have been a red wave, not a blue one.  She was pretty unpopular, both her & Trump were running to be the least favorite/untrusted candidate in the history of polling Presidential candidates. I don't think she would have ushered in a blue wave in 2018. 

9 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yes they were because they had to be. The Country as a whole was just smarter, less distracted by bullshit and more engaged. You only had, what four or five channels back then? You HAD to be engaged in a way that just isn't the same anymore.

Absolutely. We live in a completely different time. We transitioned to having cable TV to the internet and at this point, people can filter what they see so precisely that they never hear anything on the news anymore, unless by accident. People might hear about the fires in California and Australia but they know nothing about what's happening in Syria or elsewhere. Hell I work with people that never heard of the Mueller Report.

1 hour ago, baconbits said:

I agree about the Biden VP pick but I would make the argument that Romney picked Ryan not because of the crazies but because the media portrayed him positively & as a "policy wonk".  I think we can also assume that McCain picked Palin because he was told she'd pull in the angry women/PUMA's pissed at Hillary's loss.  That actually kind of worked but it wasn't enough to matter.  McCain/Palin ended up pulling in more Hillary voters than Trump pulling in Bernie voters.  (btw, 13% of Trump voters voted for Obama in 2012...*crickets*)

I definitely agree that it was a big mistake picking Kaine, talk about having absolutely zero benefit, the ultimate vanilla choice.  I feel like if she wanted to be strategic she would have picked Bernie not because of his supporters/agenda but because she would have pulled him out of the Senate.  He wouldn't have become a potential thorn on her side (he was making primary threats against Obama because of his social security cuts & extending bush tax cuts), it would have effectively neutered him with him as her VP.  But with that said, I feel like if Hillary won then 2018 would have been a red wave, not a blue one.  She was pretty unpopular, both her & Trump were running to be the least favorite/untrusted candidate in the history of polling Presidential candidates. I don't think she would have ushered in a blue wave in 2018. 

Yeah, had she won we'd be easily looking at 60 Republicans in the Senate

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yeah, had she won we'd be easily looking at 60 Republicans in the Senate

& we'd have Trump TV trying to out Fox Fox news while the media obsesses over the republicans attempting to impeach Clinton.  That's my biggest concern right now with Biden winning the nomination.  I fear that once he gets the nom, the media's attention will shift to Trump who will happily grab that megaphone & blast Biden's record as the media salivates over the drama, inadvertently bringing up how awful Biden is on the record & his thoughts on modern day issues.  You suppress the turnout by getting people to not want to vote for Biden, killing enthusiasm & Trump wins again.  Trump is very good at doing this & the media happily shoves camera's in front of his face over everything he or his empty podium says. 

With Bernie you get someone who gets to call out Trump's bullshit while also having a record to back it up. Trump can't win attacking him on social security & benefits, he can't attack him on trade, marijuana, iraq war & trying to end the wars, unions, being cozy with corporate lobbyists.  Get ready for Hunter Biden/Ukraine becoming the new, "But her emails!" ...or remember when Trump invited Bill Clinton's sexual accusers to the debate?  I bet he can't wait to invite the baby mamma of Hunter Biden's while he was dating his brother's widow...also when he'll blast Biden saying "give me a break" about millennial's struggling.  Telling coal miners to learn to program. His position on marijuana & video games.  His past support for segregationists.  Or this getting blasted everywhere,

Oh and Biden wants to call out Trump's support for social security cuts?  Get ready for the media to put the camera on Trump going, "Freeze. Freeze.  He wanted a freeze.  He's lying. Lying liar. Sleepy Joe lying again. Obama wanted the cuts in 2011 & sleepy joe stood by him" and the media eats that shit up!  They will happily give Trump a megaphone to trash Biden's record as they roll the tapes.  That's all Trump needs to do to win, just constantly keep chipping away at the enthusiasm for Biden while the media happily gives him a megaphone for ratings.

Goddamn, we're living in hell.

(sorry, I just had to rant my frustrations about everything going on, This stuff does not personally sway me against voting for Biden in the general, I just know it's going to get used against him so hard; it's like doubling down on 2016 but injecting it with steroids)