Anyone into the Ys series here?

Paperclyp

I'm no series aficionado or anything, but I did play and really enjoyed Ys: Origin.  Was fun, paced well.  Enough of a challenge in the late stages to scratch that itch for a tougher game, but not ridiculous.  I'd absolutely play another Ys game.  Origin was a good time.

I have only played Ys: Memories of Celceta. I liked the game enough to platinum it on the vita, but it kinda just feels like a store brand game, or a generic brand. Like, I there wasn't anything wrong with the game, but I felt it was just missing something. I don't really know what that is. I can say that I'd easily pay $30 bucks for a Ys game and feel like I definitely got my money's worth.

I played Ys I&II on Virtual Console and enjoyed it but not enough to make playing other games in the series a priority. I do keep a bunch of Ys games on my GoG wishlist in case I'm ever short on RPGs to play. I think it's worth giving the series a try but personally I'd go with an older game in the series during a sale so as to spend less trying out the series.