Can multiple accounts play downloaded switch games?

mach250

I set up an account for me on both of my boys switches so that I can log in and buy stuff for them. Wanted their accounts to be offline for the time being as they are younger...Anyways, whenever I log in with my account and buy games the switch does a check to see if they can play it and then it prompts their accounts to log in and purchase the game. I've read online that this shouldn't be the case that they should be able to play whatever games are on the switch. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Also, can I buy a game once and then download it on to both switches? I bought two copies of games so far as I couldn't figure this part out.

7 hours ago, mach250 said:

I set up an account for me on both of my boys switches so that I can log in and buy stuff for them. Wanted their accounts to be offline for the time being as they are younger...Anyways, whenever I log in with my account and buy games the switch does a check to see if they can play it and then it prompts their accounts to log in and purchase the game. I've read online that this shouldn't be the case that they should be able to play whatever games are on the switch. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Also, can I buy a game once and then download it on to both switches? I bought two copies of games so far as I couldn't figure this part out.

My understanding:

1) You can have one primary console that will allow the games you purchased to be played by other users

2)  The "other users" will need an active internet connection to play the games 

So, if you set one of your boys Switches as YOUR primary Switch, they can play games on it (as long as they have an internet connection).  On your Switch, you can play all of your games (as long as you have an internet connection).