New Short Jurassic World: Battle at Big Rock Released Online

Reputator

8 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

I would think this is a preview of the direction they plan to take the series, they can't seriously have them setting up yet another theme park

There's elements in this short (including musical cues) which harken back to The Lost World, which is not a positive thing. That's my biggest concern about JW3, because we technically have already had dinosaurs in the US already, and the results were...very silly. So if they're using TLW as some sort of inspiration, that may be this film's biggest downfall. Otherwise the potential is very interesting.

Colin Trevorrow is a terrible writer and director, and the first two Jurassic World movies were straight garbage. Jurassic World 1 at least had plenty of "so bad it's good" moments but Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom was just plain bad. 

How you fuck up making a good dinosaur movie is beyond me, but we have more bad Jurassic movies than good ones now. Anyone having hope for Jurassic World 3 being good should just kill that shit now.

14 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

How you fuck up making a good dinosaur movie is beyond me, but we have more bad Jurassic movies than good ones now. 

Hasn't that been the case since 2001 :p 

I actually liked Jurassic Park 3 over The Lost World. I had read the book and they fucked up what could of been a great movie with better action and better characters. I liked what they were showing in this short and where the world could be heading too, but sadly they will pull back on its true potential in the end. Never going to happen, but would love to see something of a an R rated version happen. Still I liked the real world situations that seem normal noting turning chaotic