August NPDs: Worst software sales in 20 years, strange tides

crispy4000

4 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

My backlog is crazy at the moment.  This is just what I've parsed through from a larger list to play next.

Prices and ownership aside, I'd still choose to play much of that over most the 2019/2020 stuff coming.  I'll probably make an exception for BoTW2 and FF7R.

EDIT: I forgot The Last of Us Remastered.  Yup, I'm behind.

If your backlog isn't crazy... what are you doing?

Mine:

Wolfenstein: Youngblood

GTAV

Divinity: Original Sin 1&2

All 3 Witcher Games

Skyrim

Just Cause 4

Spider-Man (Just ~4 hours in)

The Witness

Every David Cage Game

Xcom 1 & 2

Darksiders Series

DMC/DMC5

Nioh

Nier: Automata

Shadow Warrior 1&2

A billion indie games

From your list -- just play Portal.  It is amazing, and short.  And then immediately play Portal 2 (which is amazing, but not as short).

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

From your list -- just play Portal.  It is amazing, and short.  And then immediately play Portal 2 (which is amazing, but not as short).

4 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Not that my opinion is worth a shit but I really recommend this one. You can finish it a sitting or 2, and its so nice to get away from 1000 hr giant open world game and get something nice and straight forward.

These (and Journey, Portal 2) I'm saving for palette cleansers.  I'll probably beat one of them after I wrap the two I'm playing now.

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The Witness

Darksiders Series

I'd say wait on these unless you're in the mood. 

The Witness is a better game to chip through than tackle in one effort.  You probably have other indies that would be higher priority.

The first Darksiders isn't as great as its made it out to be.  For reference, it's better than Star Fox Adventures, but worse than BG&E.  Definitely play any unbeaten 3D Zelda first.

There wasn’t really anything big that came out in August. Control, Remnant, whatever on Switch. These aren’t games are not the ones that hit top yearly sales lists. Even if they manage to make a top 20, they won’t be on the next month’s. Madden was the only reliable seller, and I think even that franchise is seeing reminisced returns year over year. 

On 9/13/2019 at 9:22 AM, SaysWho? said:

How are y'all enjoying Man of Medan in comparison to Until Dawn?

Just started Man of Medan tonight. Loving it. There’s a kind of “narrator” who seems to be acting as this anthologies “Crypt Keeper” which I LOVE. The game itself feels a little less polished than Until Dawn was. Which is kind of odd. There’s so odd very very short loading that kind of breaks the immersion. But other than that I love it!

• Thanks 1