Decay of Logos Out Later This Month (Switch, PS4, Xbox, PC)

Nokt

17 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Holy cow!

Has Nintendo seen the player character?!?  It's practically a Link clone :lol:

This game is a "cease and desist" letter waiting to happen!

Age of the BOTW clones. Look at Genshin Impact

2 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Holy cow!

Has Nintendo seen the player character?!?  It's practically a Link clone :lol:

This game is a "cease and desist" letter waiting to happen!

This is super hyperbolic.  There is some BoTW in this, but there's no way I'd mistake it for a Zelda title.  Oceanhorn 2 is probably the most shameless I've seen as of late, but even that's very distinguishable.

Wonder if you all remember Golden Axe Warrior or Neutopia...

What's wrong with Zelda clones? Unless it's being disgusting like Genshin Impact, I'm all for more games HEAVILY influenced by Zelda! One of the best ways to develop and mature a genre! Surprisingly, there are only a tiny fraction of games that lean heavily on Zelda influences, and fewer still that are influenced by the 3D titles.

Waiting for Nintendo to figure out a new path forward to Zelda was an agonizing damn near multi-decade wait of disappointment after disappointment until they finally stumbled into something interesting with BotW. How long until we see another step forward? I want competition to keep this genre interesting! 

I’d rather see more developers take a step back from BotW and fill the void of Zelda-like games in the former 3D style.

SS was, and maybe still is, the best Zelda since Majora.  I’ve never thought of BotW coming off the heels of disappointment.  That was Twilight Princess :p

7 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I’d rather see more developers take a step back from BotW and fill the void of Zelda-like games in the former 3D style.

SS was, and maybe still is, the best Zelda since Majora IMO.  I’ve never thought of BotW coming off the heels of disappointment.  That was Twilight Princess :p

While I'm not opposed to the idea of getting some former 3D Zelda formula clones, I am opposed to naming SS the best Zelda since MM. 

2 hours ago, Nokt said:

While I'm not opposed to the idea of getting some former 3D Zelda formula clones, I am opposed to naming SS the best Zelda since MM. 

It’s not a perfect game.  But it does have higher highs than both WW and TP in places that matter. Especially in the dungeon & puzzle design and boss/mini-boss encounters.  And I quite like how dense the underworld is by comparison to what 3D Zeldas typically try.  It's like they took cues from Majora or even Link's Awakening on that.

If a few progression slumps and control issues could be ironed out in a remaster, it’d be almost perfect.