Bikini-clad baristas must cover up, federal appeals court says

This really does seem like a stupid as hell ruling:

A district judge blocked the laws on constitutional grounds, ruling that the ordinances were vague and violated free-speech rights.

In lifting the injunction Wednesday, the 9th Circuit said the dress-code and lewd-conduct laws were sufficiently clear and that any message of female empowerment the women intended to send would be lost on their customers.

9 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I am in full agreement with this ruling.

"It's not free speech because a few judges think your point is too obtuse" is really high up there in terms of shitty legal thought. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

This really does seem like a stupid as hell ruling:

What I don't get is their complete misunderstanding of what female empowerment is. They literally define female empowerment as how much it affects the customer (I.e., the men) when female empowerment SHOULD be about how much the women feel empowered without ever once taking into consideration anyone BUT the woman in question. It's like saying a woman doesn't have an orgasm unless the man was first pleasured, which, I guess, is how many of them think regardless.

As for the situation, I'd probably never shop there because I would imagine the prices would be jacked up just so guys could see beautiful women in swimsuits serving coffee (my assumption), and I'd probably only be wanting the coffee and am adult enough to not care that women are in swimsuits instead of other types of clothing. I'd probably end up being a part of "the market dictates the results" customer base because I'd avoid the establishment. But that's kind of how the market should work in the first place. But if the city feels that women are threatening men's dicks by floating this establishment (yeah, I see what I accidentally did there), then so be it.

Fuck the female empowerment explanation -putting attractive women in bikinis is a good business model. The employees are there by choice. The customers are there by choice. There’s no nudity. Presumably no food safety issues. Why exactly can’t the offended parties just fuck off and not patronize these places?? Why can’t the business owners continue providing a product or service that’s in demand and is ostensibly not hurting anyone or anything?