Coming soon to the SAT: An ‘adversity score’ offering a snapshot of challenges students face

On 5/22/2019 at 10:06 AM, sblfilms said:

This is so obvious both with basic logic (college graduates can get all the jobs of non-college graduates, but non-college graduates can’t get all the jobs of college graduates) and every bit of data we have on lifetime earnings based on type of degree vs. no degree that I think @Man of Cultureis fully in arguing just to argue mode.

Which I also understand :p 

It might be mostly true, but is it actually true that college graduates can get all the jobs of non-college graduates? Simple example, I have a lot of education under my belt, but no one would hire me to be a car mechanic, nor should they. I would have to get some other technical, but not college, education to even start that job and being this old seems like a disadvantage.

I suppose you could say "college + other technical school training" has all the same access, but isn't the question about whether it would be more useful for some to get some other non-college education as an alternative, not a rejection of managing to do both?

Sorry I haven't really be following the thread well, but I was curious about this statement.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Chris- said:

I'm also into the median range before ten years out with my 'worthless' philosophy degree. :silly:

I really wish they made the chart so you could see minor axis lines every 5-10k, and a few other bits of relevant information like # of respondents for each major and total number of graduates in that time frame. If I was at work I'd consider doing it but I'm not so I won't