Mixer Introduces AI-Powered Mixer Loot Feature

Pikachu

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/mixer-introduces-ai-powered-mixer-loot-feature-1203198084/

Mixer is introducing a Mixer Loot, an AI-powered rewards experience in which Mixer users can earn in-game content by catching Mixer streams.

Mixer Loot is a new way for viewers to earn content while watching their favorite streamers. It utilizes the same kind of AI-powered tech as HypeZone to scan streams on the platform and determine when interesting moments have happened. In turn, it will reward viewers for being around to catch them. Not every channel will support Loot, but those that do will feature a Loot icon next to each stream’s title.

Mixer Loot will be available starting on Tuesday, April 30 to coincide with the debut of “Sea of Thieves'” Anniversary Update content. During the update’s launch, players need to watch the completion of 30 unique “Sea of Thieves” Arena matches on Mixer between April 30 at 8 AM PT through May 5 at 11:59 PT.

To check progress, there’s a Loot icon on each stream page with information on what’s been collected thus far and what still needs to be gleaned from the stream. Any loot earned from a stream can be checked via the “My Loot” page in the settings pane, where codes for the gaming platform of players’ choice will be available to redeem.

Mixer has the full rundown on how Loot works at its official blog post. “Sea of Thieves” is available now on Xbox One.

I stream every once in a while for fun, but since i dont do it enough, i dont have any followers, and when i do it, there's no one to talk to, so whats the point lol.

I like what MS is doing/trying, theyre incentivising the viewers to watch. But what they NEED to do is reward viewers for watching something new. Its still the Twitch catch-22 where you have to be seen in order to be a partner, but you have to be a partner in order to be seen.

Their user forums suggest having people exchange their own sparks for front-page time, and other similar ideas, which i think would be good. I have about a half a million sparks cuz i dont use them. The only streams i really watch are the official xbox streams and they dont fuckin need em. It would be nice to exchange them for something useful to myself. I realize people would abuse it, but its a start.

6 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I stream every once in a while for fun, but since i dont do it enough, i dont have any followers, and when i do it, there's no one to talk to, so whats the point lol.

I like what MS is doing/trying, theyre incentivising the viewers to watch. But what they NEED to do is reward viewers for watching something new. Its still the Twitch catch-22 where you have to be seen in order to be a partner, but you have to be a partner in order to be seen.

Their user forums suggest having people exchange their own sparks for front-page time, and other similar ideas, which i think would be good. I have about a half a million sparks cuz i dont use them. The only streams i really watch are the official xbox streams and they dont fuckin need em. It would be nice to exchange them for something useful to myself. I realize people would abuse it, but its a start.

Having a set schedule helps a lot.

22 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

When I get home I will.

But just to be sure you’re the guy playing ESO right? :thinking:

Yes. Did you send me a friend request? I got one from someone but not sure if it’s you.