New Amon Amarth album "Berserker" released

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I'm going to listen to this today but the two singles have left me less than impressed.

I know that it's far too late in their career to expect any significant changes in musical direction from them, but for Loki's sake, I swear that these songs have been on previous albums both lyrically and instrumentally.

20 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I know that it's far too late in their career to expect any significant changes in musical direction from them, but for Loki's sake, I swear that these songs have been on previous albums both lyrically and instrumentally.

They're like lesser versions of previous songs too. Going for a more rock vibe it seems like. "Mjölner, Hammer of Thor" yeah I'm sure a band that has been writing viking-themed music for 25 fucking years has never written a song with that subject matter before.

3 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

They're like lesser versions of previous songs too. Going for a more rock vibe it seems like. "Mjölner, Hammer of Thor" yeah I'm sure a band that has been writing viking-themed music for 25 fucking years has never written a song with that subject matter before.

It's definitely a step backwards from Jomsviking, and a pretty sizable one at that.  I'm actually bored listening to this album.

Guys, maybe it's time to hang up the Viking helmets. 

My love for you is like a truck, Berserker
Would you like some making fuck, Berserker
My love for you is like a rock, Berserker

My love for you is ticking clock, Berserker
Would you like to suck my cock, Berserker
Would you like some making fuck, Berserker

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

It's definitely a step backwards from Jomsviking, and a pretty sizable one at that.  I'm actually bored listening to this album.

Guys, maybe it's time to hang up the Viking helmets. 

I read an interview with the singer a while ago talking about this upcoming album. He said he was having some trouble coming up with lyrical content. Yeah...

6 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I read an interview with the singer a while ago talking about this upcoming album. He said he was having some trouble coming up with lyrical content. Yeah...

I'm convinced the lyrical writing process for this one was to put a whole bunch of random Viking/Norse mythology stuff on a whiteboard, throw a sticky ball at the whiteboard, and then write a song based on where it landed.