Nissan scraps plans to build SUV in Sunderland, which overwhelmingly voted for Brexit

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

no u

WRONG! The post should have been this.

2srij9.jpg

42 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I don't have a link at the moment, but Labour's numbers are dropping, and the Conservatives are holding steady as Corbyn remains wishy-washy on Brexit. As a result, at least 6 Labour MPs plan to quit the party to form a new centrist party for disaffected MPs.

I'm a bit surprised? Granted, I'm not waist-deep in UK politics, but I thought if anyone was supporting Brexit, it was Conservatives, even though David Cameron favored staying in the EU.

34 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

WRONG! The post should have been this.

2srij9.jpg

I'm a bit surprised? Granted, I'm not waist-deep in UK politics, but I thought if anyone was supporting Brexit, it was Conservatives, even though David Cameron favored staying in the EU.

The issue is that both party leaders are supporting Brexit, so Remainers have nowhere to go. Labour is basically saying "we agree with the government, but we would do it better." But that's a dumb strategy because it never works. It's like trying to win over GOP voters by moving the Democratic Party to the right. People will just vote for the real thing, not the imitation. The job of the opposition party in Parliamentary politics is to provide an opposing opinion/position to the government.

• Thanks 2