Do you guys believe in other intelligent civilizations in the universe?

Best

Are there Aliens   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Other intelligent life in the universe

• Yes
    • No

10 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Nope.  I don’t even consider us intelligent life. As a whole we are dumb as fuck. 

I think humans are pretty amazing actually. 

Just now, best3444 said:

I think humans are pretty amazing actually. 

Jesus. Look at the world. We can’t stop killing each other. People starving to death everyday all over the world. Can’t save them but got billions for weapons to keep the war machine churning. People hating and killing over the color of skin. Killing over which God you choose to believe in. People take better care of dogs and cats than other humans. Nah we dumb as shit. 

• Halal 1

8 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Jesus. Look at the world. We can’t stop killing each other. People starving to death everyday all over the world. Can’t save them but got billions for weapons to keep the war machine churning. People hating and killing over the color of skin. Killing over which God you choose to believe in. People take better care of dogs and cats than other humans. Nah we dumb as shit. 

That's all free will. I'm talking about what we have created and what we have. It's stunning when you just look at a city knowing humans built it. All the medications and making the way of life easier. We are pretty remarkable. 

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

That's all free will. I'm talking about what we have created and what we have. It's stunning when you just look at a city knowing humans built it. All the medications and making the way of life easier. We are pretty remarkable. 

But in the end we will be the ones who destroy it all

planet of the apes art GIF by Tech Noir

I don't like the "aliens built the pyramids" "aliens taught the Mayans to build" bit because I think it's a notion founded on racism.

The idea is: White western civilization OF COURSE built democracy, built Rome, built the Parthenon. BUT! These dumb brown people, oh yeah. They definitely HAD to have had help. FROM OUTER SPACE, because that's how little I think about their capabilities.

14 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I don't like the "aliens built the pyramids" "aliens taught the Mayans to build" bit because I think it's a notion founded on racism.

The idea is: White western civilization OF COURSE built democracy, built Rome, built the Parthenon. BUT! These dumb brown people, oh yeah. They definitely HAD to have had help. FROM OUTER SPACE, because that's how little I think about their capabilities.

I never even heard the race situation involved with the pyramids. My dad loves to watch Ancient Aliens so I get my idea from that. But I'm just fascinated by it all. Not certain they exist or not. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I never even heard the race situation involved with the pyramids. My dad loves to watch Ancient Aliens so I get my idea from that. But I'm just fascinated by it all. Not certain they exist or not. 

Oh i know most people only see it as a curiosity. But I suspect underlying root of it is some form of racism. Like oh we didn't build these, no way these brownies did it on their own.

Brown people like these conspiracy theories too, no worries.

I don't think its racism.  Fundamentally, modern people can't conceive of tens/hundreds of thousands of people getting together for years to brute force the building of a monument.  Yes, they used very clever technology/techniques that have mostly been lost over time.  But much of it was due to having a large group of people willing to work together for a common purpose.

1 minute ago, Haya Dune said:

There seem to be a lot of clues that aliens have visited Earth, but I have personally never seen/felt/witnessed anything. 

Yea. I never once saw anything strange in my lifetime. How boring. 

• True 1

22 hours ago, best3444 said:

I believe other civilizations have been apart of Earth from day 1. I believe the Government has spoken to these life forms and we have a relationship with some today. I don't believe they're hostile. 

Why do you believe this?

2 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Why do you believe this?

I shouldn't have said I believe this. I'd "like" to believe some of this stuff accountable people have disclosed over the years but nothing is ever proven. I honestly think there are civilizations out there but like most said here, we never seen them. 

15 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I shouldn't have said I believe this. I'd "like" to believe some of this stuff accountable people have disclosed over the years but nothing is ever proven. I honestly think there are civilizations out there but like most said here, we never seen them. 

Gotcha. That's where I was going to steer the convo depending on your answer.

From Prof. Brian Keating's twitter this morning.

Here’s my contrarian view on the existence of aliens technology visiting Earth: The belief in extraterrestrial technology among us is gradually losing its appeal, foundering under the weight of over exuberance. The first reason: Recondite explanations coupled with overwhelming hype and unsubstantiated claims. Add that to zero physical evidence and sprinkle in a healthy dose of grifters and charlatans and they’re pushing out legitimate scientific endeavors. Meanwhile, skepticism towards the existence of aliens is gaining ground—and I wholeheartedly support this shift. Why? It underscores the importance of adhering to a rigorous, evidence based scientific approach when evaluating extraordinary claims. We've grown weary of the confusion between science fiction and legitimate science, the speculative theories that garner headlines without evidence. We're tired of sensationalized media reports, the constant misinterpretations of astronomical phenomena, ridiculous bodies, accusations of coverups and conspiracy theories from legitimate scientists and the baseless UFO sightings that are more suited to the Enquirer tabloids than in scientific journals. As many are turning away from old beliefs in extraterrestrial life. Instead, they're choosing to embrace a more critical view: reevaluating unexplained observations without jumping to alien conclusions, focusing on natural explanations, investigating known cosmic phenomena, and adhering to rigorous scientific methodologies. This shift towards skepticism isn't just a denial of unfounded beliefs; it's a recommitment to scientific integrity and a reminder that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. In championing skepticism, we advocate for a science grounded in reality, pushing us to explore the universe more deeply and with a clear eye toward what is truly knowable.