SCOTUS Live thread: Will the court rule that Trump is King? Arguments start at 10 AM Eastern

12 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

This is why I’m no longer participating in American politics. Shining city on the hill ya’ll. 

Iceland has less than 400,000 people. If we got even half a city the size of my hometown to move there we'd be the majority, it would be OUR country!

17 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Iceland has less than 400,000 people. If we got even half a city the size of my hometown to move there we'd be the majority, it would be OUR country!

Plus all day golf during the summer hours. Would love to go and play 18 holes at 2-3am with the sun still out. Been wanting to do since Alice Cooper wrote about his experience in his autobiography 

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

IMG-8775.jpg

I mean, remember especially early on in Trump's first term there was incident after incident where Trump took advantage of the "norms" thing and just did this, that, and the other thing where people were like, "Wait, that was never illegal? That was just something everyone assumed a President would never do?"

This is basically that, on steroids. Trump saying, "I am going to do this? Whatcha gonna do about it?"

He had already ran roughshod over the norms, and now he wants judicial sanction to basically turn everything into norms. Everything is, "Whatcha gonna do about it?"

Under this conception SCOTUS is basically saying, "We'll make our ruling, but if the president does it anyway our hands are tied."

I know I am stating a lot of the obvious here, but I wanted to point it out because what they are doing is basically Andrew Jackson'ing themselves into irrelevance.

"We have made our ruling. Now let us try to enforce it."

I still think they will just kick the can on this and delay it until after the election but I have heard more than one legal expert that is absolutely astounded by just how receptive at least 4 of this doofuses are to these arguments.