Flash season 5 started tonight (10/9).

Jason

Good episode tonight. I loved having Ralph just run down the list of plotholes from the previous four seasons. I know that good season premiers for the Arrowverse shows haven't really been a predictor of a good season, but given that Kreisberg's harassment was apparently causing a huge amount of churn in the writers' room, hopefully they can actually do a good season this year. Flash season 4 and Supergirl season 3 only went off the rails in the second half, which is after he was fired, so I'm guessing that when he was fired he took the knowledge of what the plans for the season were with him (and if you notice, Flash went MORE off the rails than Supergirl did, and Kreisberg was more heavily involved with Flash). 

I watched it and it was indeed pretty good. I loved the little references to other DC characters (Ryan Choi, Lightning Lad) and the appearance of Flash's silver age "suit in the ring" :lol: X-S is awesome and I hope she leads to an eventual Legion Series... ( they've appeared on Supergirl but her referencing Lightning Lad leads me to believe they exist on this Earth as well.)

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't notice anything with Ralph's voice. 

Anyhow, I really liked having Iris actually doing reporter things. Much better than having her be team leader running the magic satellite...blowing up the Star Labs satellite at the end of last season could really turn out to be a great decision that pays off unexpected dividends. 

Ralph’s voice is probably just in my head. :p

And yeah, holy shit, Iris actually had something to fucking do. I almost thought I was watching the wrong show for a moment. Again, the writers woke up and remembered that Candace Patton is a pretty good actor and if you give her actual emotions to show and things to do... she’ll deliver! She was more interesting in that one episode than she was in all of season 4.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it just me or did this episode really make no sense?

They kinda covered Cisco not being able to Vibe what was going on like he did with Thawne because of his date. But... XS can time travel but can’t make it into the Speed Force? Doesn’t time travel involve going into the Speed Force? I thought they’d abandoned time wraiths until they showed up again recently... they don’t care about this? She could only go back an hour? What? Cicada’s dagger was killing metas but XS still had her powers and could just... run away?

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

They kinda covered Cisco not being able to Vibe what was going on like he did with Thawne because of his date. But... XS can time travel but can’t make it into the Speed Force? Doesn’t time travel involve going into the Speed Force? I thought they’d abandoned time wraiths until they showed up again recently... they don’t care about this? She could only go back an hour? What? Cicada’s dagger was killing metas but XS still had her powers and could just... run away?

Making sense isn't something they've ever been concerned with

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

It seems like they're setting up her being able to do some kind of rewind that's distinct from time travel. In the past, we've seen Barry running next to himself while time traveling, not literally going backward. 

15 hours ago, Jason said:

It seems like they're setting up her being able to do some kind of rewind that's distinct from time travel. In the past, we've seen Barry running next to himself while time traveling, not literally going backward. 

She does seem to be able to go back and forth in time more “easily” than other speedsters. It’s kind of weird that nobody notices she warps to the future and back all the goddamned time. Thawne also seems to know what happened before and after she changes things which is weird? But yeah, in general time travel and speed force stuff makes little sense, this episode seemed to play fast and loose with everything. I really don’t get how Cicada was gimping meta abilities with his dagger but XS could speed away.

5 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

She does seem to be able to go back and forth in time more “easily” than other speedsters. It’s kind of weird that nobody notices she warps to the future and back all the goddamned time. Thawne also seems to know what happened before and after she changes things which is weird? But yeah, in general time travel and speed force stuff makes little sense, this episode seemed to play fast and loose with everything. I really don’t get how Cicada was gimping meta abilities with his dagger but XS could speed away.

speedplotforce

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...