Splatoon 3 Side Order: Did I come up with a creative solution?

Hand76

So Splatoon 3 (unlike 2) comes with Online Cloud Save. Now I would imagine this would also apply to the brand new Side Order DLC.

The DLC is rogue-like and has 30 floors to complete but you can save and suspend your game at any point.

My question is can you get to a level right before a boss fight or whatnot, save and exit, backup your game, and if things go south, reload your cloud and pickup where you left off?

I'm at work today anyone able to try test this?

You're assuming that anyone here bought Splatoon 3 or the Side Order DLC to begin with :p

In order for what you're suggesting to work, it would depend on where the data for the rogue-like mode is saved.  Splatoon 3's Nintendo Online cloud saves are intended for offline play while the multiplayer saves are located on Nintendo's servers (not the Nintendo Online cloud servers).  It wouldn't surprise me if the rogue-like mode saves are also stored on the Nintendo servers as well.

• Like 1

So anyway I'm a genius. YES this does work. Might be the first to figure this out. Let this go viral lol. 

You can save during Side Order. Exit out. Backup Save Data. Go back in and play...Rine and Repeat.

If something goes wrong and you download from the Cloud you will be put where you previously left off.

Bet Nintendo patches this. But it's single player so they probably don't care. But with the amount of weapons you have to beat this with... It's nice you can save before a boss fight with a roller and try again if you lose all lives if you backed up your save

• Shocked 2

1 minute ago, Hand76 said:

So anyway I'm a genius. YES this does work. Might be the first to figure this out. Let this go viral lol. 

You can save during Side Order. Exit out. Backup Save Data. Go back in and play...Rine and Repeat.

If something goes wrong and you download from the Cloud you will be put where you previously left off.

Bet Nintendo patches this. But it's single player so they probably don't care. But with the amount of weapons you have to beat this with... It's nice you can save before a boss fight with a roller and try again if you lose all lives if you backed up your save

I'm genuinely shocked that this actually worked for a rogue-like mode! :shock:

• Like 1

I really felt the game would be saved but would have a failsafe built in where if you did this, it would revert you back to the lobby and not the last floor you saved on.

Just keeping your overall unlocks and progress.

I actually did get and enjoy Splatoon 3 and beat the single player campaign there but idk if I want a rogue lite mode. I’ll have to read some impressions. I figured I’d try it but was surprised it wasn’t included in the Nintendo Online expansion pass, I thought it was like the Splatoon 2 dlc. If it was more regular single player I’d definitely get it but idk if this looks like a good $30 for me.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 7:46 PM, Hand76 said:

Might be the first to figure this out. Let this go viral lol. 

nah, there's another game where people were using the online backup as a save file they could reboot from, but for the life of me I can't remember what game. And I know people were doing something similar with Dragon Quest Monsters to reset the random egg hatches as well 

Oh no I get that. I'm just saying so many people are struggling with this one plus there is a lot of rng luck getting chips you need that this method is a lifesaver.

I have not seen it mentioned anywhere was a solution to what would be 10x more grinding to get 100%