Study says @silentbob will live forever - cannabis compounds help prevent and lessen impacts of COVID

WWW.FORBES.COM

New research shows that cannabis compounds have the potential to prevent and treat Covid-19.

"Cannabinoids have the potential to be used as a preventive approach to limiting the susceptibility and severity of COVID-19 infections by preventing viral entry, mitigating oxidative stress, and alleviating the associated cytokine storm," the authors of the study wrote.

Previous research has shown that cannabis might affect Covid-19, including a laboratory study published in 2022 that showed cannabinoids prevented infection of human cells by SARS-CoV-2. A separate study published in October found that cannabis users who contracted Covid-19 had better outcomes and reduced mortality compared with non-cannabis users.

• Hype 1

39 minutes ago, Massdriver said:
WWW.POLITICO.COM

The agency recommended loosening federal restrictions on marijuana in August based on the scientific review.

FDA review on cannabis dropped. 

This should be its own thread because the whole point of the study was to clarify this after Biden's executive order. Biden may very well reclassify this in 2024 now.

• Hype 1

Like I’ve said with my long haulers and my just recent Covid battle, my pot saves me. My cousin was by for a visit and she had said the same and from a few folks she got trying her grown stuff. My first battle was nothing more than a headache, but the last one was rougher for only a few days or reel shitty sick feeling. I’m still battling something and my pot is my relief right now, because my nausea long hauler feeling has been brutal. Same for my mom and sister right now for the nausea. My cousins is so bad at times that she’s been prescribed chemo pills, and I tried one before work the other day and worked as described. When we had the alpha strain in 2020, I also made pot pills with decarbed weed and a coffee grinder. My cousin and her husband’s (who were living with us at the time) lungs were so damaged that they couldn’t vape when they were battling this. Found out about these pills about 2 weeks into the battle, and was their only relief they were getting from any medication at the time.

so here’s hoping Biden see/reads this and does the right thing before it’s too late to do so.

2 hours ago, Massdriver said:
WWW.POLITICO.COM

The agency recommended loosening federal restrictions on marijuana in August based on the scientific review.

FDA review on cannabis dropped. 

The feds literally have a patent on a medical use for marijuana, I think they've had it for like 20 years or something.