Any suggestions for a good WiFi Router combo box?

On 12/16/2023 at 12:35 PM, Remarkableriots said:

We've been using the Xfinity box for awhile, but you pay a monthly fee for it. Any suggestions for one that reliability works? Last time I tried one, it just wouldn't work, and customer service was a joke. I need one with at least 250 MBPS download speeds. We use multiple devices that need to connect.

Are you looking for a router or a modem?

31 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I'm looking for something like this. 51HeqwrmvJL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

I use my cable company's modem and disable their router (because it was terrible).  I use my own Wifi-6 router (and a second one in a mesh) to get Wi-Fi coverage.

If you are looking to use an integrated unit, you should probably start with the ones that work on your provider's network (Reddit is probably a good place to start). 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

@Remarkableriots What's your budget and what exactly are your requirements? I found this reddit thread that had a couple specific suggestions, but 1) it's a year old so there may be better options and 2) without knowing a bit more of your requirements, I'm not sure if they're right for you. It might be a good place to start though. 

Thank you and I'm not sure yet. I'll look through that and thank you for the link.

3.1 is guaranteed to be newer and support your speeds, but definitely not necessary with your current plan.

3.0 you need to look at the specs to make sure you're not getting a crappy one. Generally more channels = better. There's also a specific chipset with problems; avoid ones with an Intel Puma processor.

I'd also suggest not going for an all-in-one solution. Better to have separate ones so you can upgrade them independently. 

• Like 1