Dragon Ball DAIMA Teaser Trailer / Fall 2024

Pikachu

I'm one of the few who actually liked Dragon Ball GT because it was very sci-fi and very different. Never watched Dragon Ball Super but if I was hoping for a Super 2 to continue adapting the Super manga after 5 years off the air - I'd be pissed this show was all that got announced. This however looks far worse than GT.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

This is unrelated to Super afaik
Did this chibi arc occur in Super?

Completely unrelated. Not just unrelated, but it looks like this takes place between the Buu Saga and DBS.

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Pretty sure no. I think the Super Hero movie from last year skipped to the last manga arc, and then this is new. 

Super Hero takes place a few years after the Dragon Ball Super and just a short while before the epilogue chapter/episodes of DBZ. There are two story arcs in the DBS manga that were never animated, so there actually is enough DBS content for another season. Because, again, let's not forget, DBS somehow takes place between the Buu Saga and the final martial arts tournament of DBZ.

The Dragon Ball timeline is fucked.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Completely unrelated. Not just unrelated, but it looks like this takes place between the Buu Saga and DBS.

Super Hero takes place a few years after the Dragon Ball Super and just a short while before the epilogue chapter/episodes of DBZ. There are two story arcs in the DBS manga that were never animated, so there actually is enough DBS content for another season. Because, again, let's not forget, DBS somehow takes place between the Buu Saga and the final martial arts tournament of DBZ.

The Dragon Ball timeline is fucked.

I dunno… if the entire OG SSJ Goku vs Frieza fight was actually only 5 minutes long then everything is moving at a totally fine pace

35 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I dunno… if the entire OG SSJ Goku vs Frieza fight was actually only 5 minutes long then everything is moving at a totally fine pace

That much is fine. They're flying around and fighting so fast, that I'll buy that the episodes of fighting only covered a few minutes.

I was just complaining about the fact that Dragon Ball seems to now be forever stuck in the ten years between the end of the Buu Saga and the final tournament where Goku decides to take Uub as his disciple. Dragon Ball Super starts at the beginning of that ten year span where as The Super Hero movie takes place at the end of that ten year span, but just before the DBZ epilogue.

Now here comes Daima and THIS actually takes place at the beginning of the ten year gap with DBS taking place somewhere in the middle of that stretch.

Like, can we get some post-Z content already?

12 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

That much is fine. They're flying around and fighting so fast, that I'll buy that the episodes of fighting only covered a few minutes.

I was just complaining about the fact that Dragon Ball seems to now be forever stuck in the ten years between the end of the Buu Saga and the final tournament where Goku decides to take Uub as his disciple. Dragon Ball Super starts at the beginning of that ten year span where as The Super Hero movie takes place at the end of that ten year span, but just before the DBZ epilogue.

Now here comes Daima and THIS actually takes place at the beginning of the ten year gap with DBS taking place somewhere in the middle of that stretch.

Like, can we get some post-Z content already?

I mean… I was just being a smart ass :p 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

But not as fucked as adult Trunks' timeline. :p

Doesn't future Trunks currently live in a timeline where there's ANOTHER adult Trunks? Like, he refused to live in prime universe with Mai for...reasons...and opted to live in another timeline with Mai for...reasons. Would have made more sense to just send him to another Universe. Actually, that would have been pretty hilarious, because then he could have represented that universe in the ToP.