Red Dead Redemption II: Official Gameplay Video #2

Commissar SFLUFAN

10 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Does anyone know if the Xbox One X enhanced version will be forced parity with the PS4 Pro or if it will get to use its extra GPU power? I've tried to look this up but have only managed to come up with several threads of fanboy nerd fights. :/

RDR 2 has a marketing deal with Sony so if there is, it won’t be known until after release. 

53 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Does anyone know if the Xbox One X enhanced version will be forced parity with the PS4 Pro or if it will get to use its extra GPU power? I've tried to look this up but have only managed to come up with several threads of fanboy nerd fights. :/

i think PS was lead development platform

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Looks great as usual.

I mean, it looks good. Like, it's RDR so I don't really think it will be bad, but these past two trailers have done nothing to make me want the game more than I already do. Like, way to much fucking descriptive fluff and splicing of story cut scenes spliced into the more mundane parts of the game.

Like the, "your actions have consequences, and people will remember you," sounds like such bullshit. Sure, maybe the story and side mission character will remember you, but they pretty much fucking have too. You could literally say the same thing about a Zelda title. Just more examples. "Seamlessly blends story with action... and exploration with choice." 'The world is full of adventures and experiences that you discover naturally... as you move fluidly from one moment to another."

And then when the bounties get brought up, they splice in the cut scene where the guy says, "Now I'm not a feller to pass quick judgment... I know you don't hire a saint to catch a sinner," most likely has almost nothing to so with actual bounties.

Or the scene in the trailer where the lady says, "Arthur must always be prepared to defend himself against whatever is thrown at him," and just the next few seconds of the trailer. 

Is this shit a big deal? No not really. But when there is a gameplay trailer, I'd much rather see some normal fucking gameplay, and not this hollywood version. I'd rather it be more like this:

or even better fuck trailers and do this:

7 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

The PS4 Pro has a more powerful GPU than the base PS4.

Oh, I meant what graphical enhancements is RDR specifically touting.  Increased texture quality and resolution, along with framerate, is a given, but how much more are they doing?  Probably improved draw/detail distance.  What about improved lighting or shadows, or other techniques?  

I watched a youtube comparison of Spider-man Pro enhancements and I wasn't really blown away with the difference.  Like you said, the most recognizable difference would be the increased resolution resulting in a  sharper and not as blurry image. 

But I'm really leaning towards getting a base PS4 (I can get one brand new for $250).  I most likely will not play it as much; I only want to play games that I can't get on PC.  Spider-Man, God of War, Uncharted, Last of Us are at the top of my list.  I also only have a low end 50" 1080p TV, so the PS4 Pro won't be fully utilized.  And while I am a framerate whore on the PC (I actually turn down settings to make sure I am well well well above 60 fps), I grew up with the N64 so I am not really bothered by shit framerates on consoles.