Were any of your ancestors cousin-fuckers?

Fizzzzle

I mean, all of us are descended from cousin fuckers, but do you have any evidence of a time it *definitely* happened?

I've built out my family tree quite some ways and I've only found one instance for sure. My 5th great grandfather John Trousdale married his first cousin Elizabeth Cowan. They were born in 1792 and 1801 respectively. They were from Tennessee, and yes they were slavers (John Trousdale Jr., their son, was the last of my ancestors to own enslaved people as far as I can tell)

Surprisingly that's the only instance I can find where that definitely happened over hundreds of years.

My ancestors were cousin-fucking, racist pieces of human garbage. Who'da thunk.

Despite my location, incest is so rare that I don't know anyone who has done it. Like, there isn't even a case of abusive parents doing the very bad thing, that I know of, and my grand-generations had massive families. My one grandma was like 1 of 8 kids and my mom was 1 of 5. WV also has some pretty strict incest laws despite all the jokes and stereotypes. Of course, my family is not a "deep south" family. They have mostly been kept to Ohio and northern parts of WV for at least 4 generations.

2 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

If your family is ancestrally northern Arkansas in any way I could probably find a common ancestor between us

I’m pretty sure that’s where most of my ancestors are from. But I’ve only traced back to some of my great-great grandparents. I’ve wondered when my family arrived in America. Maybe I’ll look it up someday. 

58 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I’m pretty sure that’s where most of my ancestors are from. But I’ve only traced back to some of my great-great grandparents. I’ve wondered when my family arrived in America. Maybe I’ll look it up someday. 

If any of your blood relatives have the last name of Millwee, Houston, Bell, or Skidmore, and they were from Arkansas, it's pretty much 100% that we're like 4th or 5th cousins.

It's not that crazy. You have anywhere between 20k-100k 5th cousins depending on how many kids your 6th great grandparents had.

Just a couple years ago I found out I was 9th cousins with one of my coworkers. You probably have over a million 9th cousins floating around. I don't want to do the math, but odds are you have dealt with plenty of people in your life who are your 9th cousin.

(I should mention none of those are my last name so I'm not doxing myself)