Hals of Tormant is my new drug

HardAct

I REALLY LIKE VAMPIRE SURVIVOR,  put a lot of hours into it. Easily my most played game this year. So....VS and now HALLS of Torment has taken everything I loved about VS and takes it way way up a few notches or turned up to 11!

It's just so great on both the Steamdeck & The ROG Ally. Sucks in that I have not now played ANYTHING on the Series X or PS5 for most of this year. I have really dialed back my gaming on console and moved more to the two handhelds.

I will say in the later game playthroughs with many gear and Stat upgrades the chaos really slows down the Steamdeck. The ROG Ally handles it easily though eats ghe battery quickly!

If you haven't played Halls of Torment and at all liked Vampire Survivors do yourself a favor and check it out!

I kinda don't recommend it really as I now don't play anything else...lol Last night I unlocked the sorceress {Last character to be unlocked} and I have beaten the first 2 of three levels with every character! The third lvl of three is by far the hardest and I have made it to the last boss many times but failed. Still in process LVL up the starting stats and there's a few pieces of equipment that have proven really tough to find. Maybe after unlocking the last character the last equipement is able to be randomly dropped, I don't know but it's a very addicting game. I have not at least 50 AAA games of the last 3-5 years I am unable to even start because of my new found love of these smaller yet just as rewarding games. It;s the Steamdeck and the ROGAlly that have really stifled my gaming as a whole. At least the large 20-60hour endeavors. It's a VERY different game than VS too in really great ways. Anyway my two cents and I have another 10 hours easily I'd say and I do not care. I'd say buy it while it's so cheap it really really is worth it!