GOP loses mayorships in Jacksonville and Colorado Springs

Jacksonville was the biggest city in the country that had a Republican mayor.

230516-ONETIMEUSE-Donna-Deegan-ac-821p-e
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Jacksonville was the largest city in the country with a GOP mayor, and the Republican candidate Tuesday had the backing of Gov. Ron DeSantis.

yemi.jpg
KRDO.COM

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KRDO) -- Less than twenty minutes after the first batch of results came down in the Colorado Springs Mayoral runoff election, a candidate has conceded. Just before 7:40 p.m. Tuesday, Republican Wayne Williams took to the podium to announce he was conceding to Independent Yemi Mobolade. According to the first batch of

• Like 1

I interviewed Nikki Fried, and she said Democrats need to work in Florida on knowing their state leader is on the ground with them (she was arrested at an abortion rights demonstration), they need to work on fielding candidates throughout the state to help increase enthusiasm and voter participation in all corners and she said "all eyes are on Jacksonville" back in I wanna say late March when I spoke to her.

So looks like that paid off. Hoping this means Fried is working to get the nuts and bolts working for state Dems.