The CW is gutting its scripted lineup; Superman and Lois expected to be one of the shows on the chopping block.

• Jason changed the title to The CW is gutting its scripted lineup; Superman and Lois expected to be one of the shows on the chopping block.
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, silentbob said:

Good news everyone

superman-and-lois-dc-header.png?resize=1
WWW.COMINGSOON.NET

The CW has finally made the final decision regarding the future of its remaining DC shows, three weeks following the series finale of The Flash which effectively ended the...

13 episodes a season is already pretty tight, 10 is going to be pretty rough. Also makes me think it'll be the last season. But at least they'll get to go into it knowing it's probably their final season.

• True 1

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

Yeah that's not great. I will say I think the cast was probably a bit too big, especially for lower episode counts, but... still sucks.

So I saw something about who's getting cut and

Spoiler

apparently Sam is the only one confirmed so far, which is fucking stupid that they cut him first instead of like the Cushings since apparently the idea is they can lean more into the family part of the show to deal with the reduced budget. Is the guy who plays Sam more expensive than the other actors or something?

1 minute ago, Jason said:

So I saw something about who's getting cut and

Hide contents

apparently Sam is the only one confirmed so far, which is fucking stupid that they cut him first instead of like the Cushings since apparently the idea is they can lean more into the family part of the show to deal with the reduced budget. Is the guy who plays Sam more expensive than the other actors or something?

Spoiler

I'd imagine Dylan Walsh is more expensive than all the Cushings. Chriqui has a long resume and Walsh had co-lead shows before. Who knows. I've liked Walsh ever since Nip/Tuck and think he does really well with what he's given... but Sam Lane in this show is just all over the map all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Man, for a moment you had me worried it was getting canceled without the fourth season being made. As it it, it was pretty obvious this was a courtesy season to wrap things up given the major slashing to the budget and the episode count, at least they'll be able to go into making it knowing they absolutely need to wrap things up.

• Hugs 1