Anyone see the new Fletch movie?

It's excellent! The rare mid-budget comedy that's consistently hilarious and actually written instead of a bunch of edited-together improv. Funny gags, everyone's great, and Hamm's a fantastic anchor for the whole thing and nails the sarcastic-but-endearing tone so well. Shame that the studio has done nothing for this in the push, other than an all-time bad trailer that hangs a millstone around the neck of every joke.

See it however you can. Trying to drag a friend to see it this week. Very interested in reading the books now.

10 hours ago, Zeluge said:

It's excellent! The rare mid-budget comedy that's consistently hilarious and actually written instead of a bunch of edited-together improv. Funny gags, everyone's great, and Hamm's a fantastic anchor for the whole thing and nails the sarcastic-but-endearing tone so well. Shame that the studio has done nothing for this in the push, other than an all-time bad trailer that hangs a millstone around the neck of every joke.

See it however you can. Trying to drag a friend to see it this week. Very interested in reading the books now.

finally thought I had time to see it been when I check out the showtimes its only playing once a day at 930 at night :( 

Of all the theaters around me, there are only two showtimes, both discounted, and both at very annoying times (Top Gun still has more than a dozen showtimes, many at prime slots and not discounted). I'm guessing that the theaters aren't promoting Fletch because it seems to be on the fast track for streaming.

3 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

If you have an audible membership with the audible plus option all of the Fletch books, as well as the Flynn series are part of it so you can listen to them all for free

Much obliged on the info! Never been one for audio books, but this might be good material to give it a shot, so I'll keep this in mind.