Trying a new diet

Remarkableriots

So I have to try to eat better after finding out I have diabetes and high blood pressure. Drinking diet Mountain Dew and trying out lean cuisine meals, fruit cups with low sugar and Two good 2g yogurt. Also trying SlimFast shakes and BOOST Glucose Control Ready to Drink Nutritional Drink.

Not sure what else I should try. Trying to get used to 3 meals a day instead of overeating 1 meal daily with horrible food.

Think much more about portion control and much less at this point about exactly what you eat. Portion control is substantially easier than denying yourself the sorts of foods you enjoy. Obviously long term you will want to ditch junk food too, but don’t over think it right now

I feel my absolute best when I stick to 2 meals a day.  Maybe stick with whatever the Dr. has told you for now. But keep this in mind. I quickly Googled intermittent fasting and diabetes:

323316_1100-800x825.jpg
WWW.MEDICALNEWSTODAY.COM

A recently published small-scale study investigates whether intermittent fasting might be a useful intervention for individuals with type 2 diabetes.

I feel great when I stick to that schedule.  Wake up, don't eat until 11am. Have a nice healthy lunch. Don't eat again till 7pm. When you are just starting out you might think its rough, but that quickly fades and your body gets used to it. I stop craving all the garbage foods.  The amount of excess calories people take in daily is staggering. Some people never give their body a break. Those hours in between with intermittent fasting really let's your body clean out and use up the food you're taking in. Just try to stay occupied, try not to think about food, and try not to use food as a reward. Like "I've been good lately, I'm going to eat this candy bar". The human body never actually wants/needs a candy bar so don't do it! 

• Halal 1

Just now, Rachel said:

Nope, just 7 years into eating disorder recovery and following the advice of many psychologists and dietitians who specialize in this field and my physical and mental health is better than ever thanks to it. 

The notion that “all food is healthy” may help your mental state, but it is factually wrong. There are many foods we eat in the developed world, America in particular, that have literally no nutritional value.

6 minutes ago, Rachel said:

All foods are healthy. They keep you alive. That is healthy. It’s okay to eat something without nutritional value. And it is not factually wrong as you and I are demonstrating right now that it is a matter of opinion/perspective. 

Its been proven that big food companies use scientists and psychologists to make their food as addictve as possible to the human body.  You can eat ultra processed foods all day every day and it will keep you alive. By doing so, there is also a huge chance you will not be as healthy as someone who eats lean whole foods.

40 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I feel my absolute best when I stick to 2 meals a day.  Maybe stick with whatever the Dr. has told you for now. But keep this in mind. I quickly Googled intermittent fasting and diabetes:

323316_1100-800x825.jpg
WWW.MEDICALNEWSTODAY.COM

A recently published small-scale study investigates whether intermittent fasting might be a useful intervention for individuals with type 2 diabetes.

I feel great when I stick to that schedule.  Wake up, don't eat until 11am. Have a nice healthy lunch. Don't eat again till 7pm. When you are just starting out you might think its rough, but that quickly fades and your body gets used to it. I stop craving all the garbage foods.  The amount of excess calories people take in daily is staggering. Some people never give their body a break. Those hours in between with intermittent fasting really let's your body clean out and use up the food you're taking in. Just try to stay occupied, try not to think about food, and try not to use food as a reward. Like "I've been good lately, I'm going to eat this candy bar". The human body never actually wants/needs a candy bar so don't do it! 

I dropped 60 pounds doing this. I eat at noon about 600 calories and then I eat dinner around 6 and its about 2000 calories, in between I touch nothing. 

20 minutes ago, Rachel said:

All foods are healthy. They keep you alive. That is healthy. It’s okay to eat something without nutritional value. And it is not factually wrong as you and I are demonstrating right now that it is a matter of opinion/perspective. 

I think the distinction here should be that "It is healthy to eat" but  just because you're eating doesn't mean you are "eating healthy"

6 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

So I have to try to eat better after finding out I have diabetes and high blood pressure. Drinking diet Mountain Dew and trying out lean cuisine meals, fruit cups with low sugar and Two good 2g yogurt. Also trying SlimFast shakes and BOOST Glucose Control Ready to Drink Nutritional Drink.

Not sure what else I should try. Trying to get used to 3 meals a day instead of overeating 1 meal daily with horrible food.

A big mistake folks make is to much change at once but if you can do it , then more power to ya. Just prepare yourself that by doing pre portioned food you are not gonna learn to do it yourself. The moment you switch back to making your own food or eating out you are gonna sink back into bad habits. 

• True 1

Also wanna add something

People underestimate the amount they eat and overestimate the calories burned through exercise.

Dont try to outrun eating habits. If you decided to have some cookies or a some chips, dont beat yourself over it and dont punish yourself for it. 

3 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

323316_1100-800x825.jpg
WWW.MEDICALNEWSTODAY.COM

My normal schedule is wake up at 8:30 pm get ready for work. Take bus to work 10pm-6am work and bus home 7am. Usually not eat anything during that time. So now I'm hungry so eat what i bought from work like DiGiorno microwave pizza or overeat by eating two microwave burgers. Go to sleep around 8-9am wake up noon-1pm stay up until 4-5pm and sleep until time for work again. Sometimes depending on money eat a snack at work 1-2 am. I would snack on sweets like candy or cookies if i got hungry at home.