Avatar 2 releasing December 16, to be titled “Avatar: The Way of Water”, original film to be remastered for theaters, update: Avatar 3 (2024), Avatar 4 (2026), and Avatar 5 (2028) announced

42 minutes ago, stepee said:

Have you gotten 3D movies working off blu ray yet on rokid? I want to watch this in 3D and was thinking of getting this too and also noticed no stores have it :(

Sadly no I didn’t. Wonder if they would work from a ripped bluray to a PC, because I think you can convert it to side by side. I I finally unburied my PS3 and got the glasses working with the system, but didn’t work with any 3D disc I tried. I tried The Bad Guys, Thor: Love&Thunder and the first Avatar. So I tried with 3D enable for disc startup and got nothing but black screen and an odd audio distortion sound. :( Tried to wait until movie played and you could see the image flicker on Avatar and when I switched the 3D on the glasses, blackness and no sound. Might try my Oppo again, but I doubt it

• Sad 1

It’s hilarious rereading this thread and moving from “CGI looks bad” “movie is bombing” posts to “best looking CGI ever” and “James Cameron can’t be stopped 2+ billion!” Lol

Finally got around to seeing it tonight. Yeah I very much regret not making the effor to see this in IMAX. That being said it still looked and sounded incredible on my TV. IDGAF I loved the first one and liked this one even better. It def could be a lot shorter but most of the stuff you could cut is extended scenes of beautiful scenery and music so whatever, I’ll take it. And as usual I always love the way Cameron shoots action scenes. No quick cuts, you can see everything that’s happening and it looks grand and awesome. Excited to see the flipped take on the Na’vi/human relationship in the next one.