It looks like 'A Song of Ice and Fire' will never be finished at this point

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Targs?

latest?cb=20080906191521&path-prefix=en
MEMORY-ALPHA.FANDOM.COM

The targ was a herding animal native to Qo'noS. Targs were comparable in form to Terran boars but with spikes on their backs. They were usually dark brown, although some were spotted. Targs were generally regarded as "vicious and destructive" animals. Klingons kept domesticated targs as pets and livestock, and hunted wild targs for sport. The meat of the targ – including the heart – was eaten, while their shoulder...

ASOIAF.WESTEROS.ORG

In Valyria the Targs were Nobels right ? They surived cuz they were on dragonstone, then 100 years after the DOOM they got dragons and went to westeros. So why the hell dont they remeber how the valyrian steel was forged or about some of the other miracles of the old freehold ?

I've seen some of the fandom refer to Targaryan as Targ but I guess I dunno how common it is.

His style of writing is his biggest flaw. 

When you feel the need to describe the entire room, the make of the drapes, the table setting, the food on the table, how the food was prepared, what Tyrion is wearing, and what the hooker he’s sleeping with ISN’T wearing anymore… and that’s the first ten pages of the chapter and no dialogue has even happened yet, yeah, no wonder he hasn’t finished one of these books in a while.

5 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

His style of writing is his biggest flaw. 

When you feel the need to describe the entire room, the make of the drapes, the table setting, the food on the table, how the food was prepared, what Tyrion is wearing, and what the hooker he’s sleeping with ISN’T wearing anymore… and that’s the first ten pages of the chapter and no dialogue has even happened yet, yeah, no wonder he hasn’t finished one of these books in a while.

Absolutely. This drove me nuts when I read these. Too much world-building, not enough plot. 

Get on with it, already!